Autology Podcast: Megacasting on the rise - Dreaming big?
In this week’s episode of Autology, S&P Global Mobility experts deep-dive into one of the hottest topics in today’s vehicle manufacturing industry: Megacasting.
Quite a lot has been said about this new way of approaching automobile manufacturing, with important OEMs like Tesla adopting this technique so as to manufacture vehicle structures using very few castings, as compared to the traditional stamping & joining method.
S&P Global Mobility experts try to shed light on the tenets of this interesting topic – such as how this technique differs with respect to the traditional methods, driving factors that are pushing the adoption of this new method of building vehicle structures, and how feasible megacasting is for car makers.
The speakers also offer a financial comparison between the traditional manufacturing processes and the megacasting approach, analyzing what this could mean for different OEMs.
Tune in to find out the answers, and much more!
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode at our email@example.com email, and you can find out much more across the autotechinsight.ihsmarkit.com website.
Don’t forget to hit all the subscribe, follow and like buttons to stay on track with the latest Autology podcasts!
Speaker: Mengyin Tao, Principal Research Analyst, Materials & Vehicle Dynamics at S&P Global Mobility
Moderator: Pranav Divakar, Senior Associate at S&P Global Mobility
Recommended for you
- Fuel For Thought [S4|E12]: Top 5 Global Automotive Trends and the biggest Aftermarket shows
- 12V batteries part III: Learnings from an established sustainable supply chain
- Consumers clamor for connected content
- Fuel For Thought [S4|E11]: The future of EVs and alternative propulsion in the commercial market
- Electric vehicles: Do consumers even want them?
- Letting go: Consumer sentiments towards automated driving
- EV charging trends
- Paris Motor show- A recap