Obtain the data you need to make the most informed decisions by accessing our extensive portfolio of information, analytics, and expertise. Sign in to the product or service center of your choice.Customer Logins
Autology Podcast: Megacasting on the rise - Dreaming big?
In this week’s episode of Autology, S&P Global Mobility experts deep-dive into one of the hottest topics in today’s vehicle manufacturing industry: Megacasting.
Quite a lot has been said about this new way of approaching automobile manufacturing, with important OEMs like Tesla adopting this technique so as to manufacture vehicle structures using very few castings, as compared to the traditional stamping & joining method.
S&P Global Mobility experts try to shed light on the tenets of this interesting topic – such as how this technique differs with respect to the traditional methods, driving factors that are pushing the adoption of this new method of building vehicle structures, and how feasible megacasting is for car makers.
The speakers also offer a financial comparison between the traditional manufacturing processes and the megacasting approach, analyzing what this could mean for different OEMs.
Tune in to find out the answers, and much more!
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode at our firstname.lastname@example.org email, and you can find out much more across the autotechinsight.ihsmarkit.com website.
Don’t forget to hit all the subscribe, follow and like buttons to stay on track with the latest Autology podcasts!
SUBSCRIBE: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Soundcloud | Spotify | Stitcher
Speaker: Mengyin Tao, Principal Research Analyst, Materials & Vehicle Dynamics at S&P Global Mobility
Moderator: Pranav Divakar, Senior Associate at S&P Global Mobility
Recommended for you
- Fuel for Thought [S5|E5]: Auto Safety Systems - Calibration challenges and opportunities
- Fuel for Thought [S5|E4]: As the industry goes electric, expect a shakeout among internal-combustion suppliers
- Autology: Caught in the Act – Securing raw materials in the EU
- Fuel for Thought [S5|E3]: Navigating a Turbulent World: Energy, Climate, Mobility, and Security
- Autology: CERAWeek 2023
- Fuel for Thought [S5|E2]: The old way of selling cars won’t work anymore
- Autology: Keeping up with Tesla - A story of EE Architecture
- Autology: Graphene in Automotive