Material that appears on the web site that is entered by you or other Users is referred to as "User Content" or "Other Content").
You grant to S&P Dow Jones Indices the non-exclusive worldwide right to use, publish, distribute, and/or repurpose all material entered, submitted, uploaded, or transmitted into the web site by you (other than third-party material transmitted through private electronic mail) in any of S&P Dow Jones Indices' or its affiliates print or electronic publications. You will not receive any compensation from S&P Dow Jones Indices or its affiliates in connection with your submission of Other Content to the web site.
Users submitting Other Content into the web site are responsible for the content of that material. Neither S&P Dow Jones Indices nor any of its affiliates have any responsibility for Other Content, including the content of any messages or information posted by Users, or for the content of information accessible via direct or indirect hyperlinks from the web site. However, S&P Dow Jones Indices retains the right, which it may or may not exercise in its sole discretion, to review, edit, or delete Other Content that S&P Dow Jones Indices deems to be illegal, offensive, irrelevant, or otherwise inappropriate. Further, S&P Dow Jones Indices will act expeditiously to remove any Other Content from the web site that is alleged to be infringing. See Section 11 below.
You may not input or distribute any material through the S&P Dow Jones Indices' web site that is promotional in nature, including solicitations for funds or business, without the prior written authorization of S&P Dow Jones Indices.
(b) that you will not:
- post or transmit any Other Content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, harassing, profane, invasive of another's privacy, indecent, bigoted, hateful, or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise offensive;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your professional or other affiliation with any person or entity;
- post or transmit any Other Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- disrupt others' normal use of the web site;
- post or transmit any information, software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component;
- post, transmit, or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial or political purposes;
- post or transmit any information, software or other material which contains advertising (including but not limited to "junk mail" or "pyramid schemes"), or any other form of solicitation; (viii) access (or attempt to access) another User's account or access (or attempt to access) areas to which you are not authorized access; or
- use the web site to violate or attempt to violate, or assist any other person or entity in violating or attempting to violate, any contractual obligations you have with S&P Dow Jones Indices, including, without limitation, any confidentiality, non-solicitation or non-competition agreements between you and S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- comply with applicable law;
- respond to claims that a User has violated the rights of third parties; or
- protect the rights, interests, property, or safety of S&P Dow Jones Indices, Users, or others. Your use of the web site constitutes your consent to such monitoring and disclosure.
You agree to indemnify S&P Dow Jones Indices, its affiliates, and any third party Content providers from all damages, liabilities, costs, charges and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, that S&P Dow Jones Indices, its affiliates, and any third party Content providers may incur as a result of either:
- the submission of Other Content into the web site with the use of your screen name or password.