A complimentary webinar for financial advisers
Accepted for 1-hour CFP® and FPA CPD credit
With some companies around the world cutting or suspending dividend payments, many income-seeking investors are searching for the yield opportunities that do still exist, while wondering just how much the dividend playbook has changed in the span of weeks.
Join Tianyin Cheng, Senior Director, Strategy and Volatility Indices at S&P Dow Jones Indices, Jonathan Shead, Head of Investments, Australia at State Street Global Advisors and Andrew Wielandt, Managing Partner, Investment Adviser at Dornbusch Partners as they provide a macroeconomic overview of dividend payouts before and after COVID-19.
Questions for discussion will include:
- How well have dividends and index-based dividend strategies held up during times of distress?
- How do recent dividend cuts compare to those of the 2008-2009 global financial crisis?
- Will the search for yield intensify in the years ahead?
- How are advisers using dividend growth strategies as part of their retirement solutions during this volatile period?
- How do seemingly small differences affect the characteristics of different index-based dividend strategies?