S&P Global Ratings’ Kazakhstan Annual Conference 2021 will take place virtually over two days on October 19 and 20. This conference will take place in Russian and is free to attend.
Please join speakers from S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Platts, and the heads of some of Kazakhstan’s largest financial organizations; as they discuss the outlook for Kazakhstan’s economy, corporate and banking sectors, and the impact of energy transition within the country and the region.
Conference Day 1 – Tuesday, October 19, 2021 | 11:00 - 12:30 Moscow; 14:00 - 15:30 Almaty
- Kazakhstan’s economic ties with Central Asian countries and China
- Kazakhstan sovereign rating and developing trends
- The global energy transition and its effect on commodity markets
- The impact of energy transition on Kazakhstan’s economy and other countries in the region
- Energy transition and Kazakhstan’s oil companies – Are they ready and what are the key risks?
Valerijs Rezvijs, Economist, Emerging Markets, S&P Global Ratings
Karen Vartapetov, Director, Sovereign Ratings, S&P Global Ratings
Alexander Griaznov, Director, Corporate Ratings, S&P Global Ratings
Ora Lazic, Lead Engagement Specialist, Global Energy Transition and Petrochemicals, S&P Global Platts
Moderator: Elena Eliseyenko, Head of Russia, CIS & CEE, S&P Global Ratings
Conference Day 2 – Wednesday, October 20, 2021 | 11:00 - 12:30 Moscow; 14:00 - 15:30 Almaty
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Kazakhstan banks
- Resumption of credit growth: Risks and opportunities for banks and the economy
- Digitalization of the banking sector: Are fintech companies a threat?
- Regulation, supervision, and government support of the banking sector
- ESG factors and their impact on banks in Kazakhstan
Galim Khusainov, Chairman of the Board, Bank CenterCredit JSC
Sholpan Nurumbetova, Chairman of the Board, ForteBank JSC
Irina Velieva, Director, Financial Institutions Ratings, S&P Global Ratings
Moderator: Boris Kopeykin, Senior Analytical Director, Financial Institutions Ratings, S&P Global Ratings
We hope you can join us live, however if you are unable to participate; you can still register to access the replay on-demand at your convenience.
*Please use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or another browser to access the webinar platform. Internet Explorer is not supported by the webinar platform.