At this installment of S&P Global Ratings Spotlight On Emerging Markets webinar - "Turkey: Outlook For 2022, our senior analysts shared their insights and views on the outlook and credit trends for Turkey's economy and banking sector, and discussed the rationale behind the latest sovereign update. They also responded to related questions about the Turkish corporate sector during the Q&A session.
Key discussion points included:
- Factors driving the sovereign ratings outlook revision to negative
- Monetary policy prospects
- How much fiscal headroom does Turkey still have?
- Outlook for the banking sector 2022
- What to expect for asset quality?
- How vulnerable is the funding profile of the Turkish banks?
Maxim Rybnikov, Director, Sovereign Ratings, EMEA
Regina Argenio, Director, Financial Institutions Ratings, EMEA
Additional speaker at Q&A session:
Alexander Griaznov, Director, Corporate Ratings, EMEA
Frank Gill, Senior Director - Sector Lead, Sovereign Ratings, EMEA
*Please use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or another browser to access the webinar platform. Internet Explorer is not supported by the webinar platform.