In the latest installment of Spotlight On Emerging Markets webinar held on Thursday, September 8, S&P Global Ratings senior analysts shared their insights and views on the economic outlook and credit views on Indonesia's sovereign, banking, corporate, and infrastructure sectors.
Key discussion points included:
- State of the economic recovery
- Inflation and rates outlook
- Sovereign outlook - how do Indonesia’s external characteristics stack up against regional peers?
- How is Indonesia’s fiscal recovery shaping up, and what are the risks for sovereign creditworthiness?
- Lingering impact of COVID on asset quality of Indonesia banks
- Second-order effects of FX devaluation and high levels of corporate external debt on Indonesia banks
- The sectors most sensitive to inflation and rising rates sensitivity
- Learnings from the recent Indonesia SOE defaults and restructurings
- Indonesia’s energy transition journey and impact on rated utilities
Vishrut Rana, Economist, Asia-Pacific
Andrew Wood, Director, Sovereign & International Public Finance Ratings
Ivan Tan, Director & Lead Analyst, South & Southeast Asia, Financial Institutions Ratings
Xavier Jean, Senior Director, Southeast Asia Corporate Ratings
Abhishek Dangra, Senior Director & Sector Lead, Infrastructure Ratings
Geeta Chugh, Senior Director & Sector Lead, South & Southeast Asia, Financial Institutions Ratings