立即注册,

不到 60 秒您即可继续访问:最新资讯提要分析主题和专题大宗商品视频、播客和博客样本市场价格和数据专题报道订阅用户通知和每日大宗商品电子邮件提醒

已有帐户?

登录以注册

忘记密码

请注意:Platts Market Center 订阅用户只能通过 Platts Market Center 重置密码

请在下面输入您的电子邮件 ID,我们将给您发送一封包含您密码的电子邮件。


  • 电子邮件地址* 请输入电子邮件地址。

如果您是高级订阅用户,出于安全原因,我们无法向您发送您的密码。请联系客服团队

如果您是 Platts Market Center 订阅用户,若要重置密码,请转到 Platts Market Center 重置您的密码。

在此列表中
石油

Saudi Aramco signs agreement to acquire 70% stake in SABIC for $69.1 billion

天然气 | 石油

Platts 情景规划服务

Bunker Fuel | 石油 | 原油 | 液化石油气 (LPG) | 石油风险 | 成品油 | 燃料油 | 汽油 | 航油 | 石脑油

appec

Saudi Aramco signs agreement to acquire 70% stake in SABIC for $69.1 billion

London — Saudi Aramco on Wednesday said it had signed a deal to acquire a 70% majority stake in petrochemical company SABIC for $69.1 billion, following months of negotiations.

尚未注册?

接收每日电子邮件提醒、订阅用户通知并获得个性化体验。

立即注册

Aramco is purchasing the stake from Saudi Arabia's sovereign Public Investment Fund, the vehicle by which the kingdom aims to finance ambitious reforms intended to diversify its economy away from a reliance on oil revenues.

The transaction, which Aramco said is subject to regulatory approvals and other conditions, will enable the state-owned oil giant to continue its downstream push and paves the way for an eventual - though by no means decided - public listing of its shares, which officials have said could happen in 2021.

"SABIC is a good strategic fit and a solid platform to support our continued investment for future growth in petrochemicals - the fastest growing sector of oil demand," Abdulaziz al-Judaimi, Aramco's senior vice president of downstream, said in a statement.

Aramco plans to increase its global refining capacity to 8 million-10 million b/d by 2030, from its current 4.9 million b/d. Of the planned capacity, about 2 million-3 million b/d will be converted to petrochemical products.

SABIC, whose shares are listed in Riyadh, has a petrochemical production capacity of 62 million mt/year, compared to 17 million mt/year for Aramco, according to the companies.

The transaction will see Aramco pay Riyals 259.125 billion ($69.1 billion) for the 70% stake. Aramco said it had no plans to acquire the remaining 30% of publicly traded SABIC shares.

Aramco officials have previously said they may issue about $10 billion in bonds in the second quarter of 2019 to help fund the purchase. The offering would be Aramco's first international bond sale.

The long-mooted initial public offering of up to 5% of Aramco's shares was to be the centerpiece of Saudi Arabia's Vision 2030 economic reforms.

But amid internal disagreements over how to proceed with the listing and a lackluster oil price environment, it was shelved last year in favor of the SABIC acquisition. Aramco officials said they would prefer to fully digest the SABIC transaction first before proceeding with the IPO, which now has a target date of 2021.

-- Herman Wang, herman.wang@spglobal.com

-- Edited by Jonathan Fox, newsdesk@spglobal.com