About the Platts Global Energy Awards
Since 1999, The S&P Global Platts Global Energy Awards honor organizations and individuals who are dedicated to achieving excellence in the energy industry. Given the key role the industry plays in the global economy and its impact on society, we believe that those who are committed to addressing the industry's most pressing issues and uncovering its greatest opportunities deserve high praise for their positive contributions. Widely recognized as the "Oscars" of the energy sector, the Global Energy Awards are presented annually in New York City at a gala black-tie event.
Facts about the Awards:
- Platts receives more than 200 nominations each year
- Nominations have come from more than 30 countries including Brazil, India, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Russia, Switzerland, Argentina, China, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Thailand, United Kingdom and the United States
- Platts is proud to count former OPEC energy ministers, national regulators, former heads of major energy companies and leading academics and legislators among its judges, past and present
- Each category has key criteria against which the judges will evaluate each nomination
- On average 450 energy industry executives attend the black-tie Global Energy Awards recognition dinner each year