The S&P Global Platts Metals Meltdown series focuses on recent market developments in the European steel market and takes a look at what topics will become important in 2019. In this episode, Platts analyzes the new definitive safeguard measures on steel imports into the European Union - due to start no later than February 4 - and what they mean for flat and long steel products. The podcast explains the new regulation, takes a closer look on import data and discusses possible effects on the market.
This podcast is brought to you by Platts EMEA metals pricing reporters Jamila Al Ibrahim, Laura Varriale and Len Griffin and is moderated by Platts EMEA regional derivatives manager Robert Streeter.
- European definitive steel safeguards get green light from European Member States
- Proposed EU steel safeguard quota too tough on importers: market sources
- German steel producers seek tougher EU safeguard measure proposal
- EU carmakers oppose proposed definitive steel safeguards by the European Commission
- European Commission proposes country-specific safeguards; hot-rolled coil goes global
Insight Conversation with Arnoud Balhuizen, BHP Chief Commercial Officer
BHP COO Arnoud Balhuizen talks about changes in the iron ore and met coal markets, the impact of China's environmental push on raw materials and the company's outlook on demand growth in Asia.Watch now