Singapore — Thailand's offshore oil and gas operations have returned to normal this week after they were suspended due to Tropical Storm Pabuk hitting the region over the weekend.
¿No está registrado?
Reciba alertas diarias y avisos para suscriptores por correo electrónico; personalice su experiencia.Registro
Independent upstream oil and gas company KrisEnergy has restarted oil production at the Wassana field in the G10/48 license in the Gulf of Thailand, it said in a statement late Tuesday.
"Operational crews have returned to the mobile offshore production unit, and the Rubicon Venture floating, storage and offloading vessel has been reconnected to the Wassana field mooring," the company said.
It added that its Mist jack-up rig has resumed the Wassana infill drilling program. The G10/48 contract area lies in the Southern Pattani Basin in water depths of up to 60 meters. KrisEnergy is the operator with 89% working interest and Palang Sophon holds the remaining 11%.
On Friday, Thailand's state-run PTT Exploration and Production said the tropical storm had passed its offshore installations without damage and it expected to resume gas production on Sunday. PTTEP said it had remobilized its offshore staff, drilling rigs and vessels after inspection of its Bongkot platforms for operational readiness.
It had temporarily suspended exploration work at its offshore facilities since December 31, evacuated staff and moved drilling rigs and vessels to unaffected areas as its Greater Bongkot North and Greater Bongkot South production platforms in the Gulf of Thailand were in the direct path of the storm.
-- Eric Yep, firstname.lastname@example.org
-- Edited by Irene Tang, email@example.com