BY CONTINUING TO USE THIS SITE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR USE OF COOKIES. REVIEW OUR
COOKIE NOTICE

Register with us today

and in less than 60 seconds continue your access to:Latest news headlinesAnalytical topics and featuresCommodities videos, podcast & blogsSample market prices & dataSpecial reportsSubscriber notes & daily commodity email alerts

Already have an account?

Log in to register

Forgot Password

Please Note: Platts Market Center subscribers can only reset passwords via the Platts Market Center

Enter your Email ID below and we will send you an email with your password.


  • Email Address* Please enter email address.

If you are a premium subscriber, we are unable to send you your password for security reasons. Please contact the Client Services team.

If you are a Platts Market Center subscriber, to reset your password go to the Platts Market Center to reset your password.

In this list
Petrochemicals

PetroVietnam, Thai SCG start work on Vietnam's Long Son petrochemical complex

Commodities | Agriculture | Grains | Energy | Coal | Coking Coal | Thermal Coal | LNG | Natural Gas | Oil | Crude Oil | Metals | Non-Ferrous | Steel | Raw Materials

Market Movers Asia, Aug. 19-23: China veers from US crude as trade tension persists

Marine Fuels

Platts Bunkerwire

Oil | Crude Oil | Oil Risk | Petrochemicals | Aromatics | Olefins | Petrochemicals Risk | Polymers | Solvents & Intermediates

S&P Global Platts University (at MEEPEC)

Oil

Gibraltar rechaza la solicitud de Estados Unidos de confiscar un petrolero iraní camino del Mediterráneo

PetroVietnam, Thai SCG start work on Vietnam's Long Son petrochemical complex

Hanoi — State-owned PetroVietnam and Thailand's Siam Cement Group on Saturday held a groundbreaking ceremony to begin work on the $5.4 billion Long Son Petrochemicals Complex in southern Vietnam, PetroVietnam said in a statement Monday.

Not registered?

Receive daily email alerts, subscriber notes & personalize your experience.

Register Now

Vietnamese premier Nguyen Xuan Phuc and other local government officials attended the ceremony at the construction site in the coastal city of Vung Tau on Saturday.

The complex, the first petrochemical plant in Vietnam, is targeted to be built in five years with commercial operations expected in 2022, PetroVietnam said.

PetroVietnam owns a 29% stake in the project, with the remaining 71% held by SCG.

The petrochemical complex will revolve around a 1 million mt/year steam cracker with flexible gas and naphtha feed, and a total olefins capacity of up to 1.6 million mt/year, depending on the feedstock mix.

The cracker will have the flexibility to utilize gas to up to 80% of the total feedstock mix, and will be fully integrated to downstream polyolefins capacities.

--Staff, newsdesk@spglobal.com
--Edited by Geetha Narayanasamy, geetha.narayanasamy@spglobal.com