BY CONTINUING TO USE THIS SITE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR USE OF COOKIES. REVIEW OUR
COOKIE NOTICE

Register with us today

and in less than 60 seconds continue your access to:Latest news headlinesAnalytical topics and featuresCommodities videos, podcast & blogsSample market prices & dataSpecial reportsSubscriber notes & daily commodity email alerts

Already have an account?

Log in to register

Forgot Password

Please Note: Platts Market Center subscribers can only reset passwords via the Platts Market Center

Enter your Email ID below and we will send you an email with your password.


  • Email Address* Please enter email address.

If you are a premium subscriber, we are unable to send you your password for security reasons. Please contact the Client Services team.

IF you are a Platts Market Center subscriber, to reset your password go to the�Platts Market Center to reset your password.

In this list
Natural Gas

CNOOC in deal to promote and supply LNG to Taiwan's Kinmen county

Jet Fuel

Jet fuel prices take off as winter demand heats up

Natural Gas | Natural Gas (North American) | Crude Oil

Platts Upstream Indicator

Commodities | Energy | Electric Power | Natural Gas | LNG | Natural Gas (North American) | Financial Services | Banking | Infrastructure | Utilities | Structured Finance

Gas Storage Outlook Conference

Natural Gas

Australia's competition watchdog clears way for Santos' Quadrant Energy acquisition plan

CNOOC in deal to promote and supply LNG to Taiwan's Kinmen county

China National Offshore Oil Corp has signed an agreement with a Taiwanese company to help promote LNG in Taiwan's Kinmen county.

Not registered?

Receive daily email alerts, subscriber notes & personalize your experience.

Register Now

Shinfox Corp. confirmed Monday that it had signed a framework agreement on Friday with CNOOC's majority-owned company Fujian New Energy to collaborate and cooperate in developing LNG supplies in Kinmen.

Shinfox said it has agreed with Fujian New Energy to work to "promote supplies to small-scale LNG projects" in Kinmen, as part of efforts to mitigate pollution in the area.

The Taiwanese company said Kinmen is facing an energy shortage as economic development accelerates. The county has no indigenous energy sources and has to import LPG from the main island of Taiwan. The deal will therefore help secure a stable supply of gas to the area, the company said.


Shinfox is a subsidiary of Taiwanese company Foxlink Group, which manufactures parts and products for the power and energy sector.

CNOOC has a 60% stake in Fujian New Energy while the Fujian Investment and Development Group has the remaining 40%. The joint venture is primarily tasked with LNG distribution in China's southern Fujian province via LNG trucks and small-scale LNG plants.

Fujian is the Chinese province nearest to Kinmen, which is just 2 km from the Chinese city of Xiamen.

A representative from Shinfox declined to give more details of the deal but said no other Taiwanese companies were involved. Some Taiwanese media had reported that Fujian New Energy would ultimately provide up to 100,000 mt/year of LNG to Kinmen, but the Shinfox official said this was incorrect.

This is not the first time that CNOOC is involved in LNG in Taiwan. In April last year it signed an agreement to supply Taiwan's state-owned CPC with LNG spot cargoes, although there was no fixed timeframe or volumes tied to the deal, CPC said at the time.

--Song Yen Ling, yenling.song@platts.com
--Edited by Irene Tang, irene.tang@platts.com