If you are a premium subscriber, we are unable to send you your password for security reasons. Please contact the Client Services team.
If you are a Platts Market Center subscriber, to reset your password go to the Platts Market Center to reset your password.
Platts University – Geneva - Postponed
April 20-21, 2020
Fairmont Grand Hotel Geneva
SEE ALL CONFERENCES
We have been closely monitoring the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19), including advice from the World Health Organization, and have made the difficult decision to postpone the S&P Global Platts University – Geneva this coming April. As a company, our top priority is the safety and wellbeing of our delegates and speakers, our partners, our colleagues and vendors.
We will keep you updated on the revised dates for the S&P Global Platts University – Geneva when we gain more clarity. We regret any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience and understanding. Should you require more information and assistance, please contact us here firstname.lastname@example.org.
We remain committed to sharing our commodity market insights with the market and our customers and will continue to use our other communication channels.
Advance your degree of oil market knowledge
S&P Global Platts University brings you an exclusive opportunity to understand the fundamentals and economics behind oil supply and refinery optimization while connecting it to the market mechanisms that drive the prices. We do this by bringing together pricing and fundamental analysis.
This training has something for everyone within the oil supply chain. Our training will help you understand:
– What drives the economic decision to produce oil and the role OPEC plays. – How refineries select their crude and optimize their margins – The impact all this has on prices as traders bid and offer physical cargos including in the Platts Market on Close (MOC) Window – How to manage risk by using tools such as derivatives or futures markets
Platts University offers unique, actionable insights into the industry's commercial focus and its bearing on market movements, including the opportunity to see the MOC process explained live in real time.
Who should enroll?
S&P Global Platts University is valuable to a range of industry participants, from market newcomers to industry veterans.
Those who are relatively inexperienced will gain a more comprehensive understanding of what to expect in the oil market and why. Those with more experience will gain further insight into the impact of new and emerging factors on oil markets.
Ideal candidates for Platts University include:
– Analysts who require an edge on their competition in finding, understanding, and interpreting key market data – Oil Traders who need to anticipate where prices are heading before the markets react – Planners who have to stay on top of the changes that will drive the profitability of their company's operations, strategies, and investments – Risk Managers who need to understand what really drives the ups and downs of energy markets and what options are available to manage the inherent uncertainty – Refiners who want to understand the key elements driving their profitability – Producers who need to know the forces impacting near-term and longer-term prices, as well as the industry volumes in the regions in which they operate – Banks and other financial institutions that provide project financing and need to assess risks and uncertainties in the long-range pricing outlook – Hedge Fund & Pension Fund Managers whose success may be directly tied to getting a jump on where energy prices are going and knowing which segments of the industry are the right play – Government officials who'll be involved in regulations that will impact the energy markets – Shippers, Storage Operators, Pipeline Operators and others who need to anticipate changes in flows and pricing – Buyers and sellers who need to formulate better, timelier hedging strategies for minimizing future price risk – Energy end-users who need a better understanding of market forces controlling supply, price, and volatility
S&P Global Contributor
Chris MidgleyGlobal Head of Analytics, S&P Global Platts
Chris Midgley is Head of Analytics for S&P Global Platts, a division of S&P Global and the leading provider of information and benchmarks for the energy and commodities markets. Chris is a member of the Platts Executive Committee. Full Bio
Based in London, Chris leads and executes the strategy for Analytics, which combines in-depth commodity and energy market knowledge, analysis and algorithms with fundamental data to support customers' strategic decisions. It encompasses organic businesses developed within Platts as well as legacy acquisitions, including PIRA Energy, RigData, Eclipse Energy, cFlow and Bentek Energy.
Chris brings over 25 years of oil industry experience, 20 years of which working with Shell, primarily in manufacturing, supply, trading and strategy. Before joining Platts in September 2016, Chris headed up Shell's Oil Markets Analysis division for four years, where he developed long-term outlooks to support the Group's investment decisions and strategies and as Shell Trading's Chief Economist providing short-term market views to inform trading positions. Chris has also been a director of a number of shipping and oil-related companies. He began his career with Exxon as a process engineer at its Fawley Refinery in the south of England.
Chris received a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering from Loughborough University. Minimize
S&P Global Contributor
Claudio GalimbertiHead of Demand, Refining and Agriculture, Analytics, S&P Global Platts
Head of Demand, Refining and Agriculture, Analytics, S&P Global Platts Full Bio
Claudio Galimberti (Head of Demand,Refiningand Agriculture, Analytics) joined S&P Global Platts in 2018 as the Head of Demand and Refining and member of Platts Analytics Leadership team. He oversees the global Oil Demand Outlook and forecasting, the World Refining Outlook and Database, and the World Macroeconomic Outlook. He also manages the global Agriculture Analytics, which comprises Biofuels, Grains and Sugar. He is an economist, with a MA in Economics from Bocconi University, a Master in Finance from Tulane University and is completing his PhD in Finance at EDHEC. He joined S&P in April after 16 years at Shell where he held a number of commercial roles in Trading, Supply, Retail and B2B Fuels. His last role at Shell was in Group Strategy and Shell Trading in the Oil Market Analysis, where he had global responsibility for oil demand forecasting, Downstream Competitive Intelligence, macroeconomic forecasting and optionality valuation in project economics. He also contributed to the design and development of the most recent Shell Scenarios, with particular focus on the potential paths of the energy transition in the short and long-term. Minimize
S&P Global Contributor
Paula VanLaninghamSenior Methodology and Market Specialist, S&P Global Platts
Paula VanLaningham is the Managing Editor of the European, Middle East and African crude oil team at Platts in London. Full Bio
Paula VanLaningham is the Managing Editor of the European, Middle East and African crude oil team at Platts in London. Her primary focus has been on the Russian, Mediterranean and Middle East crude markets, but she has also been responsible for Platts' coverage in the North Sea and West Africa, among the most widely used price assessments globally. She began her career at Platts looking at both the European jet fuel and light ends markets. Paula graduated from the London School of Economics with a Master's of Science degree in International Political Economy and with Latin Honors from the George Washington University in Washington DC with a degree in International Politics and European affairs. Minimize
S&P Global Platts University will be held on April 20-21, 2020 at the Fairmont Grand Hotel Geneva.
Early Bird Rate- Book by March 20
$3,000 +VAT/ delegate
Register 2 and get the 3rd pass free/ delegate
$2,250 +VAT/ delegate
* Team Discount is for 3 or more delegates. Local VAT is charged at 5%
The conference registration fee includes breakfasts, luncheon(s), reception(s), and refreshments as noted in the conference agenda, as well as post-conference documentation. Payment in full is required for attendance. If payment or proof of payment is not received before the start of the event, our staff will require a credit card guarantee to allow entry. All prices are stated in USD.
Registration closes 72 hours before the start of the conference. We will not be able to register any delegates within this time.
Substitutions & Cancellations -Your registration may be transferred to a member of your organization up to 72 hours in advance of the conference. Cancellations must be received in writing via email to email@example.com on or before December 3, 2018 in order to be refunded, less a $195 administrative charge. No refunds will be made after this date. In the event of non-attendance, the full invoice fee will be payable. In case of conference cancellation, S&P Global Platts’ liability is limited to refund of the conference registration fee only. S&P Global Platts reserves the right to alter this program without prior notice.
These terms and conditions of attendance (“Terms”) shall govern an attendee’s (“Attendee” or “you”)) registration to attend a conference or event (“Event”) hosted by Platts (U.K.) Limited (“Platts”), a company headquartered and incorporated in England and Wales with a registered office address at 20 Canada Square, London E14 5LH.
1. FEES — All fees for Event registration (“Fees”) are quoted and payable to Platts in United States Dollars by bank transfer or by credit card, in cleared funds, by the earlier of (i) within thirty (30) calendar days following Platts’ date of invoice to Attendee; or (ii) prior to commencement of the Event. Fees may also be paid by cheque provided that the cheque has been received and cleared by Platts prior to commencement of the Event. The Attendee acknowledges and agrees that it will be responsible for the payment of any bank fees or other administrative charges which are levied in respect of the Fees and that any such charges will be in addition to the amount of Fees payable to Platts. In consideration of payment of the Fees, Attendee shall receive all documents, written materials, hospitality and refreshments made available to Attendees at the Event. For the avoidance of doubt, Fees do not include Attendee transportation to, or accommodation at, the Event. Failure to pay the Fees by the required date will result in the Attendee being deemed to have cancelled their registration.
2. TAX — The Fees and charges quoted are exclusive of all applicable value-added, sales, use and similar taxes. All payments made by the Attendee shall be made free and clear of, and without deduction or withholding for taxes imposed by any governmental authority.
3. DISCOUNTS — Discounts or promotional offers cannot be combined, unless otherwise stated, and must be applied at the time of original registration (and cannot be applied retroactively). Verification of discount eligibility may be required.
4. PLATTS DISCRETION AS TO ATTENDANCE — Platts reserves the right to refuse an Attendee’s admission to the Event, at its sole discretion. In the event that Platts refuses admission to an Attendee who has registered for an Event, Platts will refund the pro rata portion of any unearned Fees paid by that Attendee.
5. SUBSTITUTION — The Attendee is entitled to transfer their Event registration(s) between their organization’s employees provided that the Attendee notifies Platts by email to Conf_registrations@SPGlobal.com at least one (3) Working Day (as defined in the ADDENDUM) before the first day of the Event.
6. ATTENDEE CANCELLATION — The Attendee is entitled to cancel any one or more of the Event registrations it has made by notifying Platts by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least five (30) Working Days before the first day of the Event, in which case Platts shall refund the Fee for such registrations less an administration charge of one hundred and ninety five US Dollars (US$195). If cancellation notice is served by the Attendee less than Thirty (30) calendar days before the first day of the Event, the Attendee is not entitled to receive any refund of Fees already paid.
7. PLATTS CANCELLATION — Platts is entitled to cancel the Event by email notice to the Attendee (a) for any reason twenty one (21) calendar days before the first day of the Event or (b) for reasons of Force Majeure (as defined in the ADDENDUM) at any time. Platts’ liability for such cancellation is limited to a refund of the Fees already paid by Attendee at that time.
8. EVENT PROGRAM — Platts reserves the right to make reasonable alterations to the advertised Event program, agenda, and to the list of speakers and presenters at any time and without prior notice.
10. NOTICES — All notices required hereunder shall be served by email to (i) Platts at Conf_registrations@SPGlobal.com and (ii) the Attendee at the address provided by/on behalf of the Attendee when registering for the Event. Such notice shall be deemed served on the first Working Day after the day upon which it can be shown it was sent to the correct email address if no message failure notice has been received in such regard.
11. LIABILITY — Notwithstanding any losses which cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law, Platts excludes all warranties and conditions whether expressed or implied by statute, common law or otherwise to the extent permitted by law. The Attendee shall indemnify and hold harmless Platts, its affiliates and Platts’ employees, directors, officers, representatives and agents from any and all claims, damages, liabilities and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable legal expenses and court costs) arising out of or in relation to (i) any bodily injuries or harm or property damage caused by Attendee or any of its personnel in connection with the Event, (ii) the breach of this agreement by the Attendee or (iii) the negligence or wilful misconduct of the Attendee.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS — The Attendee acknowledges and agrees that all Event materials, documents and any other literature provided prior to or during an Event (“Materials”) remain the sole exclusive property of Platts and/or its licensors. Each Attendee acknowledges and agrees that no copying, recording or re-distribution of the Materials, or any part thereof, is permitted unless otherwise authorized by Platts in writing.
13. RECORDING AND PHOTOGRAPHY PROHIBITED — The Attendee acknowledges and agrees that photography, filming and recording are prohibited during all Event sessions and throughout the Event, except with permission of Platts and the person(s) being recorded or filmed. If permitted, photographs, audio, or video taken during the conference may only be reprinted, copied, submitted, posted or uploaded to the internet in accordance with the requirements outlined in clause 14 of these Terms.
14. USER GENERATED CONTENT — The Attendee: a. warrants that any content that is submitted, reprinted, copied, submitted, posted or uploaded on social media will not infringe privacy rights, will not infringe copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights or contain offensive, obscene, false or defamatory material; b. warrants that they have obtained the consent of any third party who appears, or is referred to, in any content that is submitted, reprinted, copied, submitted, posted or uploaded to the internet, including obtaining the written permission of the subject of a photograph or an audio or visual recording at the Event prior to uploading that picture or recording to the internet; c. agrees to indemnify Platts as set forth in Section 11 in respect of any loss or damage arising from claims brought by a third party alleging a breach of any of the warranties outlined in clause 14 of these Terms; and d. agrees to assign all intellectual property rights in any user generated content created by the Attendee at an Event to Platts and/or its licensors (as appropriate), including all permissions to enable Platts and/or its licensors to use such content as it sees fit, and to undertake all acts necessary in order to give effect to the assignment.
15. NO PUBLICITY — The Attendee acknowledges and agrees that it must not use Platts’ names or marks in any publicity, advertising, public announcements, marketing materials, web sites or other materials without Platts’ prior written approval.
16. LAW AND COURTS — This agreement and all matters arising out of or in connection with it in contract or tort are subject to the Laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
17. ANTI-TRUST COMPLIANCE — Platts is committed to full compliance with all applicable antitrust laws. Platts expects Attendees at each Event to be aware of, understand, and comply with all anti-trust laws and not to use any Event to co-ordinate their commercial activities. Any activity that could create an appearance of a restriction upon or a distortion of competition must be avoided. Platts reserves the right to ask delegates, who it believes do not comply with anti-trust laws, to cease and desist and/or to leave any Event.
18. SEVERABILITY AND INCONSISTENCY — If any provision of this agreement is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this agreement shall not be affected or impaired and the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision shall be deemed to be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable.
19. ENTIRE AGREEMENT — This agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings and representations between the parties.
ADDENDUM Force Majeure means any circumstance not within Platts’ reasonable control including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake, severe pr adverse weather conditions, or other natural disaster, epidemic or pandemic, terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat or preparation of war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, breaking off of diplomatic relations, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, any law or action taken by a government or public authority, fire, explosion, collapse of buildings or accident, labour or trade dispute, strikes, industrial action or lockouts and interruption or failure of utility services.
Working Days means working days observed by the United Kingdom. Contact EMEA customer service team by email at Conf_registrations@SPGlobal.com for further information.
Effective as of May 2019
S&P Global Platts University – Geneva will be held on April 20-21, 2020 at the Fairmont Grand Hotel Geneva, Switzerland.
Your conference registration does not include accommodation. A limited number of rooms have been reserved for conference attendees at the Fairmont Grand Hotel Geneva at a discounted group rate. To make your reservation please contact the Fairmont Grand Hotel Geneva directly on +41 22 908 90 82, and reference 'Platts 2020' to recieve your discounted rate.