Ethnic share in the US light vehicle market reached a record 33% in September 2022. In other words, one of every th… https://t.co/10WcC7jVTj
Is COVID-19 impact and SAFE rule an enabler on investment reduction to meet regulation?
IHS Markit's newest whitepaper focuses on the impact of COVID-19 and implementation of SAFE rule, with a nearly exclusive focus on change in market size for various technologies and change in investments by automotive manufacturers, for passenger cars (PCs) and light-duty trucks (LDTs) combined. To understand the full impact of the new SAFE rule requires the comparison of investments in fuel-efficient technologies during Obama-era CAFE standards to the comparable investments required under new SAFE rules. This paper evaluates the economic impact, including the vehicle sales, the powertrain investments required by automotive manufacturers to meet the fuel-economy standards and comply with the regulations (covering Obama-era CAFE standards and SAFE rule), underlying powertrain technology cost-benefit for selective car manufacturers and thereby arriving at potential avoidance of powertrain investment with the introduction of SAFE vehicle rules.
This whitepaper takes a deep-dive into the impact of COVID-19 and SAFE rules. Understanding the impact of SAFE rules and COVID-19 on US market sales in the short term and mid term.
- Fuel for Thought: Top 5 Global Automotive Aftermarket Trends
- New EV entries nibbling away at Tesla EV share
- Ethnic Share in US Light Vehicle Market Reaches a Record 33%
- S&P Global Mobility: November auto sales continue previous three-month trend
- When will the heartland embrace electric vehicles?
- Countdown to 2023: Sustained Passenger Vehicle Sales in October.
- Automotive Insights – Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q3 2022
- Countdown to 2023: Price hikes for electrified vehicles outpace combustion counterparts
Tesla is the dominant EV sales leader, but they are shedding share as mainstream OEMs arrive. The challenge: Tesla’… https://t.co/GO7pjhUxjP
Be part of the Loyalty Industry Review session on December 13th, and get the latest loyalty results at the manufact… https://t.co/QG2CXshvva