S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* AGM Group Holdings Inc. named Bin Cao a director and the chairman of its supervisory board, effective May 20. The Chinese financial technology company made the appointment following Zhentao Jiang's resignation from the roles.
* Pubali Bank Ltd. elected Azizul Huq chairman, The Daily Star reported, citing a statement from the bank.
* China Rapid Finance Ltd. appointed CFO Steven Foo an executive director and Edward Yan an independent director of the board, effective April 12.
* Econo Trade (India) Ltd. named Solanki Ashvinbhai Naranbhai an independent director.
* Cathay Financial Holding Co. Ltd.'s Cathay United Bank (Cambodia) Corp. Ltd. subsidiary is adding Miao Hua Ben to its board as a director, subject to the approval of Cambodia's central bank.
* Jefferies Group LLC named Desh Peramunetilleke head of global microstrategy product in equity research. Peramunetilleke will be based in the company's Hong Kong office to oversee the newly formed microstrategy team.
* Ann Bowering is stepping down as managing director and CEO of NSX Ltd., with effect from July 5. Matthew Loughnan will assume the role of interim CEO in the Australia-based company from July 6 in light of Bowering's impending resignation.
* Xinming Zhou resigned as CEO and as a director of Hexindai Inc. The Chinese company's founder and chairman, Xiaobo An, will take over as CEO, while the company's COO, Lili Hua, will assume Zhou's responsibilities as a director.
* Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd.'s board elected Chen Siqing chairman.
* iSignthis Ltd. added George Theocharides to the board of its unit, iSignthis eMoney Ltd., as a director.
* Alacrity Securities Ltd. announced Deven Sanghavi's addition to its board as a nonexecutive independent director along with the resignation of Jai Prakash Jindal from the same role.
* Anilkumar Shivkaran Nevatia stepped down as an independent director of Comfort Fincap Ltd. due to personal and unavoidable circumstances. Furthermore, the Indian company appointed Siddhant Shah & Co., Chartered Accountants as an internal auditor for fiscal year 2019-2020 and named A.R. Sodha & Co., Chartered Accountants as the company's statutory auditor, subject to shareholders' approval.
* BTIG LLC's BTIG Asia-Pacific subsidiary named Trevor Harrison head of its client relationship management.
* Anilkumar Nevatia resigned as an independent director of Comfort Commotrade Ltd., citing personal reasons.
* Ujjivan Financial Services Ltd.'s Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd. subsidiary appointed Nitin Chugh managing director and CEO for a three-year term that will commence Dec. 1.
* Citigroup Inc. named Brendan Carney CEO of Citibank Singapore Ltd. and ASEAN cluster head of its global consumer banking division, The (Singapore) Business Times reported, citing the banking group. The appointments took effect May 16.
* Blue Sky Alternative Investments Ltd. appointed Justine Henwood as CFO, with effect from May 20.
* Fubon Financial Holding Co. Ltd.'s Fubon Bank (China) Co. Ltd. subsidiary named Ma Li-Xin chairman of its board. Ma Li-Xin will assume the role that Hong Pei-Li vacated after securing regulatory approvals.
* Liu Wanming and Chen Yuhua respectively stepped down as shareholder supervisor and external supervisor, respectively, of Bank of China Ltd.
* Taiwan Cooperative Financial Holding Co. Ltd. appointed Chiang Jui-Tang a director.
* Chien-Hung Wei resigned as a director of Mega Financial Holding Co. Ltd.
* Credit Suisse Group AG appointed Tan Mae Shen head of its wealth planning services unit, which will be based out of Hong Kong. The bank also established a division that will offer family office services to high-net-worth clients in Greater China, Reuters reported, citing a statement from the lender.
* Standard Chartered PLC hired Michael Willoughby to co-head its metals and mining division for Asia, Bloomberg News reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
* Société Générale SA appointed Pascal Sefrin group country head for Australia and branch manager for Sydney after obtaining permission from the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority to operate as a foreign authorized deposit-taking institution in the country.
* Yuanta Financial Holdings Co. Ltd. named Wei-Cherng Hwang president of its Yuanta Securities Co. Ltd. subsidiary.
* Madhumita Dutta-Sen resigned as a nonexecutive director on Magma Fincorp Ltd.'s board, effective May 15.