S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* China has reportedly appointed Guo Shuqing to head the newly formed regulator overseeing the banking and insurance sectors.
* Westpac Banking Corp. has appointed Michael Correa general manager for Asia-Pacific.
* Karl Armstrong will reportedly step down as acting executive general manager of Insurance Australia Group Ltd. unit New Zealand Insurance, effective May 31.
* Australian mortgage broking company Mortgage Choice Ltd appointed Sarah Brennan and Andrew Gale additional nonexecutive directors, effective March 21.
* Hong Kong-based Sun Hung Kai & Co. Ltd. named Evan Au Yang Chi Chun an independent nonexecutive director, effective March 22.
* Standard Chartered PLC reportedly named Enamul Huque head of global banking for Bangladesh. The U.K.-based group also said that its regional CEO for ASEAN and South Asia and commercial and private banking head, Anna Marrs, is set to step down from the bank's management team May 31 and will leave the lender Sept. 9.
* Lin Chin-Miao stepped down as representative corporate director of Taiwan Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
* South Korea's Samsung Securities Co. Ltd. appointed Koo Sung-hoon its new CEO.
* Rabobank New Zealand Ltd. has appointed Jillian Segal director.
* Fubon Bank (Hong Kong) Ltd. appointed Peter Pang Sing Tong an independent nonexecutive director.
* Taiwan's Chang Hwa Commercial Bank Ltd. said it appointed Chang Hong-chi its new president.
* Yasushi Itagaki and Dadi Budiana were appointed directors on the board of PT Bank Danamon Indonesia Tbk.
* China's legislature, the National People's Congress, named Yi Gang the country's new central bank chief.
* U.K-based JLT Reinsurance Brokers Ltd. appointed Vinod Krishnan CEO for Asia treaty.
* Capital Nomura Securities PCL said Shinichi Mizuno stepped down as a director, effective March 16.
* Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Ltd. appointed Gail Costa its new CEO, effective April 1.
* B.P. Sharma was appointed chief risk officer of India's Bank of Baroda.
* QBE Insurance Group Ltd. Chief Information Officer Tony Forward agreed to step down as the insurer seeks to combine its technology and information teams into a single unit. Val Matthews will take over the role in an acting capacity while the search for a new chief information technology officer is being conducted.
* Generation Development Group Ltd., formerly known as Austock Group, named Terence Wong its new CFO.
* Bangladesh-based Trust Bank Ltd. appointed Junaid Masroor its deputy managing director.
* Bangladesh lender Shahjalal Islami Bank Ltd. named Mian Quamrul Hasan Chowdhury its deputy managing director.
* HSBC Holdings PLC plans to hire an additional 300 people for its Singapore operations as part of efforts to gain a larger share of the consumer and wholesale business in the city-state.
* Central Bank of India said Supratim Bandyopadhyay resigned as a shareholder director on its board, effective March 17.
* China Pacific Insurance (Group) Co. Ltd. nominated Jin Zaiming employee representative supervisor.
* The Japanese parliament approved Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's nomination of Haruhiko Kuroda as the governor of the country's central bank for a second time.
* Sami Ullah Butt was appointed a director of Pakistan's First National Equities Ltd, effective March 16.
* Hu Xiangyun retired as an executive director and vice chairperson of Zhongyuan Bank Co. Ltd.
* Swiss bank UBS Group AG appointed ?Gaetano Bassolino head of Asia-Pacific capital markets.
* Taiwan's Shin Kong Financial Holding Co. Ltd. said Jih-Chu Lee stepped down as president. Min-Yi Huang was appointed the company's new president.
* India's PNB Housing Finance Ltd. named Jayant Dang an independent director on its board.
* Huarong International Financial Holdings Ltd. said Fan Haibo stepped down as a nonexecutive director, effective March 16.
* Tang Shuangning resigned as nonexecutive director of China Everbright Ltd., effective March 16.
* Yuanta Financial Holdings Co. Ltd. said it named Cheng Hua Sun a director of unit Yuanta Securities Finance Co. Ltd.
* Australia-based Djerriwarrh Investments Ltd. said Andrew Guy will retire as a director, effective April 19.
* Singapore's Fatfish Internet Group Ltd appointed Tony Mackay nonexecutive director on its board.
* Liechtenstein-based VP Bank AG said it appointed Kimmis Pun the new Singapore head of private banking.