S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a summary of ratings actions on Asia-Pacific financial institutions and economies. Ratings actions are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Moody's affirmed the A3 foreign currency senior unsecured debt and issuer rating of Export-Import Bank of Malaysia Bhd., with a stable outlook.
* Fitch Ratings affirmed Export-Import Bank of India's long-term issuer default rating at BBB-. The outlook is stable.
* S&P Global Ratings changed Japan's classification to Group 3 from Group 2 under the Banking Industry Country Risk Assessment after raising the country's industry risk score to 4. As a result, Ratings lowered Japan Post Bank Co. Ltd.'s issuer credit rating to A from A+, and downgraded Nomura Holdings Inc.'s issuer credit rating to BBB+ from A-, among other rating actions.
* Fitch Ratings affirmed New Development Bank's long-term issuer default rating at AA+, with a stable outlook.
* Moody's revised its outlooks on nine Thai banks to positive from stable. The banks are Siam Commercial Bank PCL, Krung Thai Bank PCL, Export-Import Bank of Thailand, Government Housing Bank, United Overseas Bank (Thai) PCL, Kasikornbank PCL, Bank of Ayudhya PCL, CIMB Thai Bank PCL and Bangkok Bank PCL.
* Moody's assigned Australia-based Qudos Mutual Ltd. long- and short-term issuer ratings of Baa1 and Prime-2, respectively, with a stable outlook.
* S&P Global Ratings upgraded its long-term issuer credit rating on Australian Unity Bank Ltd. to BBB+ from BBB, with a stable outlook.
This S&P Global Market Intelligence news article may contain information about credit ratings issued by S&P Global Ratings. Descriptions in this news article were not prepared by S&P Global Ratings.