S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly overview of ratings actions on Middle Eastern and African financial institutions and economies. Ratings actions are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Capital Intelligence Ratings affirmed Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd.'s financial strength rating at BBB.
* A.M. Best has affirmed the financial strength rating of A- (Excellent) and the long-term issuer credit rating of "a-" of Qatar General Insurance & Reinsurance Co. SAQ, the operating holding company of the QGIR group. The outlook of these credit ratings is stable.
* Fitch Ratings affirmed Cape Verde's long-term foreign- and local-currency issuer default ratings at B, with stable outlooks. Cape Verde's B+ country ceiling and B short-term foreign- and local-currency issuer default ratings were also affirmed.
* CI Ratings affirmed the BB- long-term foreign-currency rating and the B short-term foreign-currency rating of Jordan-based InvestBank. The outlook is stable.
* Fitch revised the outlook on Nigeria's long-term foreign- and local-currency issuer default ratings to negative from stable, while affirming them at B+.