* Asset management firm Rockefeller Capital Management is in discussions to acquire assets from Redwood City, Calif.-based wealth manager CTC myCFO, a unit of Bank of Montreal, a source told Bloomberg News.
* The Federal Trade Commission's lawsuit over allegedly false "no hidden fees" claim against LendingClub will go to court as the digital lender opted not to settle, FTC's director of consumer protection, Andrew Smith, said.
* The victims of the Sept. 6 shooting at Fifth Third's Cincinnati headquarters include Luis Calderon, a finance manager for the bank's commercial line of business who was killed, and Whitney Austin, a digital lending product manager who was injured, American Banker reports, citing a company spokeswoman.
* Direct Auto Insurance, which was sold to NI Holdings, was one of only five individual property and casualty entities to receive an opinion for their independent actuaries of redundant or excessive reserves in 2017.
* The insured loss figure related to two major wildfires in California so far has a combined total of $845 million for 2018. The number is on track to reach, and possibly exceed, the historic losses seen in the state in 2017.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.