Verizon Communications Inc. CEO and Chairman Lowell McAdam pulled in about $17.9 million in 2017 total compensation, slightly up from $17.7 million he received in 2016.
McAdam took home $1.6 million in salary, $12.0 million worth of stock awards and $3.7 million in nonequity incentive plan compensation in 2017, the company disclosed in a March 19 SEC filing.
CFO Matthew Ellis' 2017 pay package increased to roughly $5.6 million from $2.7 million in the prior year, while John Stratton, executive vice president and president — global operations, saw his 2017 compensation jump to $13.5 million from $7.0 million.
In other compensation news:
* A. H. Belo Corp. Chairman, President and CEO James Moroney III took home about $2.1 million in 2017 compensation, almost the same as in 2016. The executive's 2017 package included $600,000 in salary, $487,500 in bonus and $487,500 in stock awards, according to a March 20 proxy filing. CFO Katy Murray's 2017 compensation increased to $633,822 from $574,254 in the prior year.
* Thanks largely to stock awards worth about $9.2 million, Six Flags Entertainment Corp. President and CEO James Reid-Anderson saw his 2017 pay package jump to $14.7 million from $4.8 million in the year before. The executive also received $1.4 million in salary and $3.2 million in option awards, according to a March 20 SEC filing. Reid-Anderson was named CEO in July 2017. Former CEO John Duffey was paid roughly $3.8 million in 2017. Meanwhile, CFO Marshall Barber received $1.1 million in 2017, down from $1.4 million in 2016.
* The board of comScore Inc. approved a cash bonus of $444,000 for President and Executive Vice Chairman William Livek. CFO Gregory Fink and Carol DiBattiste, general counsel and chief compliance, privacy and people officer, will get $73,125 and $308,000 in cash bonuses, respectively, the company said in a March 19 Form 8-K filing.
* Zynga Inc. CEO Frank Gibeau's 2017 compensation declined to roughly $1.7 million from $24.5 million the year before. The executive, who was paid about $22.8 million worth of stock and option awards in 2016, did not get any awards in 2017. Meanwhile, CFO Gerard Griffin and COO Matthew Bromberg netted $874,540 and $875,600 in 2017, respectively, down from $12.9 million and $15.6 million in 2016, the company said in a March 16 SEC filing.
* Enrique Rodriguez, who became president and CEO of TiVo Corp. in November 2017, earned roughly $16.1 million in 2017, including $3.8 million in bonus and $12.2 million in stock awards. Former CEO Thomas Carson was paid $2.1 million in 2017. Meanwhile, CFO Peter Halt got about $1.9 million in 2017 compensation.
* United States Cellular Corp. said in a March 14 SEC filing that President and CEO Kenneth Meyers received about $1.1 million in bonus for his performance in 2017. Meanwhile, CFO Steven Campbell and COO Jay Ellison were paid $480,000 and $536,700 in bonuses.
* David Lougee, who became TEGNA Inc.'s president and CEO upon the closing of the company's spinoff of Cars.com Inc., earned roughly $4.8 million in 2017 total compensation, including $908,333 in salary, $1.0 million in bonus and $2.7 million in stock awards. By comparison, the CEO was paid $3.2 million in 2016. Former President and CEO Gracia Martore received $3.5 million in 2017. Meanwhile, CFO Victoria Harker's 2017 pay check increased to roughly $3.6 million from $2.8 million the year before.
* Max Pellegrini, who was recently promoted to president of RealNetworks Inc., will be paid an annual base salary of $450,000, with a performance-based bonus opportunity equal to 100% of his base salary. Pellegrini on March 7 was granted a stock option to acquire 500,000 shares of RealNetworks' common stock pursuant to the company's 2005 stock incentive plan, which will vest in equal installments every six months over a period of four years from the date of grant, according to an SEC filing.
* Suzanne Grimes will continue to serve as Cumulus Media Inc.'s executive vice president of corporate marketing and president of Westwood division through July 31, 2020. The company increased Grimes' annual salary to $650,000.