S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive management, board and regulatory changes in the energy industry. The moves are listed by sector in reverse chronological order.
* Edison International and Southern California Edison Co. added Carey Smith to the board of directors of each company, effective Oct. 24. Smith is COO of Parsons Corp., a technology provider for global defense, intelligence and critical infrastructure markets.
* Avangrid Renewables LLC on Oct. 22 named Alejandro de Hoz president and CEO. He succeeds Laura Beane, who decided to leave the company. De Hoz is vice president of the offshore wind segment. He previously served as offshore business performance director for Iberdrola SA.
* Énergir LP President and CEO Sophie Brochu announced plans to step down Dec. 30. She will be succeeded by Éric Lachance, the CFO and current senior vice president for regulatory affairs, information technology and logistics, according to an Oct. 21 news release.
Oil and gas utility/midstream
* Enable Midstream Partners COO Craig Harris will leave the company for a CEO position at a private midstream energy company, according to an Oct. 24 news release. Harris will hold the position until Nov. 1, after which Enable will start the search for his successor.
* QEP Resources Inc. said Executive Vice President and CFO Richard Doleshek will step down, effective Dec. 31, according to an Oct. 23 SEC filing. On Oct. 21, QEP's board elected its current Vice President Finance and Treasurer William Buese to serve as CFO and treasurer. The board also elected Senior Vice President and General Counsel Christopher Woosley to be its executive vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary. Both appointments are effective Jan. 1, 2020. According to a separate Oct. 23 news release, QEP also appointed Joseph Jaggers and Barth Whitham to its board of directors, effective Oct. 20.
* Australian oil and gas company Santos Ltd. appointed Janine McArdle as an independent nonexecutive director, effective Oct. 23. She has held senior positions at Texas-based exploration and production company Apache Corp. and is the CEO and president of Apex Strategies, according to an Oct. 23 news release.
* Tullow Oil PLC appointed Martin Greenslade as a nonexecutive director, effective Nov. 1. Greenslade was also appointed to the audit committee and will stand for election during the 2020 annual general meeting, according to an Oct. 22 news release from Tullow Oil. The company also announced Steve Lucas will resign as a board member after the annual general meeting in April 2020. Lucas is the chair of the audit committee but will be replaced by Greenslade.
* NextDecade Corp. named Frank Chapman a nonexecutive, independent director, effective Nov. 1. Chapman served as CEO and a board member of British oil and gas company BG Group PLC before he retired from the company in 2013, according to an Oct. 21 news release.
* The Alberta Energy Regulator said its three executive vice presidents are no longer with the organization, according to an Oct. 23 news release. The executive vice presidents include Mark Taylor of the operations division, Stacey Schorr of the stakeholder and government engagement division, and Carol Crowfoot of the strategy and regulatory division. The AER assigned Gordon Lambert as interim CEO while it searches for the permanent replacement of former CEO Jim Ellis.