S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a daily roundup of management and board changes in the bank and thrift industry. This feature excludes C-level leadership changes and stories previously covered by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
* Ellicott City, Md.-based Howard Bank, a unit of Howard Bancorp Inc., named Rosa Scharf senior vice president. She will be responsible for providing small business administration loan solutions to small businesses in a variety of industries.
* Montebello, N.Y.-based Sterling National Bank, a subsidiary of Sterling Bancorp, appointed Jan Hanssen managing director of originations in its asset-based finance department.
Hanssen most recently served as originations manager at U.S. Bank NA's commercial banking division. U.S. Bank is a unit of U.S. Bancorp.
* Chicago-based Northern Trust Corp., the parent of Northern Trust Co., named Melanie Pickett head of Front Office Solutions, a new line of business within asset servicing.
Pickett, who has over 15 years of experience in a variety of senior operations and technology roles, most recently served as COO of Emory Investment Management.
* Michael Davenport was appointed to the board of Grand Rapids, Mich.-based Mercantile Bank of Michigan, a unit of Mercantile Bank Corp., effective immediately. Davenport is president and CEO of Jireh Metal Products.
* Baton Rouge, La.-based Business First Bank, a unit of Business First Bancshares Inc., promoted Gloria Navarro to president of the Houma and Thibodaux market. Since 2010, Navarro served as the bank's senior vice president and senior relationship manager.
* Mansfield, Pa.-based First Citizens Community Bank, a unit of Citizens Financial Services Inc., named Edward Naab senior vice president and business development officer in its Lebanon and Schuylkill County markets.
Naab, who has 38 years of experience in banking and business development, was the capital market president of BB&T Corp.
* Matthew Ford was appointed to the board of Pennsylvania-based First National Bank of Mifflintown, a subsidiary of First Community Financial Corp., the Lewistown Sentinel reported. Ford is currently the vice president of finance at Mammoth Restoration Inc.