S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of executive and board changes in the European technology, media and communications industries.
* Timm Degenhardt will end his term as CEO of Tele Columbus AG on Aug. 31, 2020. Degenhardt decided not to extend his contract due to changes in the supervisory board of the German operator, which is doing business as PYUR.
* Eleven Sports Network Ltd. appointed Luis Vicente as its new CEO, effective Jan. 15, 2020. Vicente will also be a board member and chief digital officer at Eleven Sports' parent company, Aser Ventures. The incoming executive will succeed Marc Watson, who will continue as Eleven's executive chairman and board director at Aser Ventures.
MEDIA INDUSTRY MOVES
* U.K. education company Pearson PLC CEO John Fallon is retiring in 2020 after the appointment of his successor. Company Chair Sidney Taurel will lead the selection process.
* Thorsten Braun is joining Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland GmbH-owned commercial broadcaster SUPER RTL (DE) as chief revenue officer, effective May 2020. Braun will also become part of the network's management team.
COMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY MOVES
* Telefónica SA appointed more women to its board of directors as part of a revamp. The Spanish telecom operator named Claudia Sender Ramírez and Verónica Pascual Boé as independent directors, replacing Wang Xiaochu and Luiz Fernando Furlán who voluntarily resigned. Telefónica's board also appointed José Javier Echenique Landiríbar as lead independent director and a vice chairman.
* Norwegian software and IT company Visma AS said Dec. 14 that it appointed Merete Hverven as its new CEO. She will take over from Øystein Moan, who is stepping down in 2020.
* Moldtelecom named Viorel Postolachi its interim CEO, Telecompaper reported Dec. 12. Postolachi, currently sales director, will take charge of the Moldovan mobile operator's business amid the ongoing selection process for a permanent CEO.
Links are current at the time of publication. S&P Global Market Intelligence is not responsible if those links are unavailable later.