trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/y2IfQbNXkLsDPSykn8KHsQ2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Investment companies to acquire 396-MW German offshore wind farm

Q2: U.S. Solar and Wind Power by the Numbers

Essential Energy Insights - September 17, 2020

Essential Energy Insights September 2020

Rate case activity slips, COVID-19 proceedings remain at the forefront in August

Investment companies to acquire 396-MW German offshore wind farm

Funds managed by U.K. investment company The Renewables Infrastructure Group (UK) Ltd. and Dutch pension investor APG Groep NV are acquiring the 396-MW Merkur offshore wind farm in the German North Sea, the companies announced Dec. 10.

TRIG funds will purchase a 36% equity interest in the project while APG will acquire the remaining 64% ownership stake.

TRIG is advised by Infrared Capital Partners Ltd. as investment manager and Renewable Energy Systems Holdings Ltd. as operations manager. Meanwhile, APG made the acquisition on behalf of its pension fund client ABP.

The facility is being acquired from a consortium of funds managed or advised by Partners Group, DEME Concessions NV, GE Energy Financial Services, ADEME and a private fund separately managed by InfraRed.

Following the deal close, which is expected to occur in the first half of 2020, TRIG plans to sell its interest in the facility to minority co-investors managed by InfraRed Capital Partners, leaving TRIG with only a 25% stake in the project. The investment represents roughly 8% of TRIG's portfolio value.

The Merkur offshore wind farm reached commercial operations in June 2019 and benefits from a feed-in-tariff until June 2033. GE Renewable Energy provides operations and maintenance services to the project under a 10-year contract.