S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive management, board and regulatory changes in the energy industry. The moves are listed by sector in reverse chronological order.
* Hydro One Ltd. named Chris Lopez acting CFO, effective Sept. 6. The Hydro One board also announced the appointment of Tom Woods as new chair, following a unanimous vote. Hydro One is controlled by the government of Ontario.
* Powin Energy named Blake Frye as executive vice president of sales for the company.
* Southern Co. named Laura Hewett as vice president of corporate governance.
* NiSource Inc. appointed former Entergy Corp. executive Theodore Bunting Jr. to its board of directors, effective Sept. 5. He is expected to stand for election at NiSource's next annual shareholders meeting in 2019.
* The Bonneville Power Administration appointed Michelle Manary as executive vice president and CFO, effective Sept. 30.
Oil and gas utility/midstream
* The American Petroleum Institute announced the appointment of Debra Phillips as vice president of global industry services.
* Bangkok-based integrated oil and gas company PTT PCL appointed Pannalin Mahawongtikul as the company's new CFO, effective Oct. 1. Mahawongtikul succeeds Nitima Thepvanangkul.
* Macquarie Infrastructure Corp. CEO Christopher Frost is joining the company's board, replacing his predecessor James Hooke. Hooke resigned from the board on Sept. 5. The company also appointed Amanda Brock and Maria Jelescu Dreyfus as independent directors, bringing the total number of board members to nine from seven.
* National Fuel Gas Co. named Michael Kasprzak as president and James Welch as assistant vice president of National Fuel Gas Midstream Co. LLC. Kevin House was appointed as vice president of National Fuel Gas Distribution Co., with Amy Shiley being appointed as its assistant vice president.
* Neste Oyj named Patrick von Essen as managing director of Neste Engineering Solutions.
* Apache Corp. named Emily McClung as the company's vice president, community partnerships and employee engagement, effective Sept. 1.
* Whiting Petroleum Corp. named Tim Sulser, former CEO of Salt Creek Oil and Gas LLC, as chief corporate development and strategy officer, effective Sept. 4.
* Blueknight Energy Partners LP announced that Alex Stallings intends to resign as CFO and secretary of Blueknight Energy Partners GP.
* Crescent Point Energy Corp. named Craig Bryksa as its new president and CEO. Meanwhile, Peter Bannister resigned as chairman of the company's board, to be replaced by Robert Heinemann, who previously served as president and CEO of Berry Petroleum Co. LLC. Along with Bannister, Gerald Romanzin will retire from the board at the company's 2019 annual general meeting, after which the board would have been completely renewed since inception.
* Esrey Resources Ltd. announced that Ray Power has resigned as director effective Aug. 31 to focus on other professional interests.
* Rosehill Resources Inc. said board chairman Gary Hanna will serve as interim president and CEO of the company and its subsidiary Rosehill Operating Co. LLC, effective Sept. 4.
* EQT Corp. unveiled several appointments for its stand-alone upstream and midstream companies once the separation of the two businesses closes. Jimmi Sue Smith was named senior vice president and CFO; David Schlosser was named executive vice president of exploration and production and innovation; Blue Jenkins was named executive vice president of commercial, business development, information technology and safety; Lew Gardner as general counsel and vice president of external affairs; Dave Smith as vice president of human resources; Blake McLean as vice president of strategic planning; and Pat Kane as vice president of investor relations.
* EQT also announced that Thomas Karam would be the president and CEO of the new midstream company, to be called Equitrans Midstream Corp. Diana Charletta was appointed as executive vice president and COO; Kirk Oliver as senior vice president and CFO; Bob Cooper as senior vice president of Mountain Valley Pipeline LLC engineering and construction; Charlene Petrelli as senior vice president and chief administrative officer; Bob Williams as vice president and general counsel; Carmine Fantini as vice president of strategic planning; and Nate Tetlow as vice president of corporate development and investor relations.