Media industry moves
* Anthony Vinciquerra on June 9 resigned from Pandora Media Inc.'s board. The resignation was not due to any disagreement with the company, according to a June 12 Form 8-K filing.
* Reston, Va.-based comScore Inc. on June 9 added five new members to its board: Lisa Gersh, Mark Harris, Jacques Kerrest, Joshua Peirez and Susan Riley. Gersh is the co-founder of Oxygen Media LLC and former CEO of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc.; Harris is the CFO of Hercules Capital Inc; Kerrest is the CFO of Intelsat SA; Peirez is president of The Dun & Bradstreet Corp; and Riley previously served as CFO of various apparel and consumer packaged goods companies. The appointments increase the number of comScore board members to 12 directors from seven, the company said in a news release. Riley and Harris will serve as class I directors, while Kerrest, Peirez and Gersh will serve as class III directors, as per a June 9 SEC filing.
* Scot Melland will step down as a director of DHI Group Inc., effective June 15, "due to time constraints from other professional obligations," as per a June 8 SEC filing.
* Blucora Inc. appointed two new independent directors — Georganne Proctor and Steven Aldrich — to fill two vacancies on the board, the company said June 1. Proctor previously served as CFO of TIAA-CREF from 2006 to 2010, while Aldrich has been serving as chief product officer at GoDaddy Inc. since January 2016.
* Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. stockholders re-elected eight directors at the company's annual meeting, according to a June 1 press release. The re-elected directors include Executive Chairman and Chairman of the board David Smith, Vice President Frederick Smith, Vice President and Secretary J. Duncan Smith, Robert Smith, Lawrence McCanna, Daniel Keith, Martin Leader and Howard Friedman.
Communications industry moves
* American Tower Corp. elected Grace Lieblein as a director, the company said June 14. Lieblein served at General Motors in a number of roles between 1978 and 2015. She also serves on the boards of Southwest Airlines Co. and Honeywell International Inc.
* RingCentral Inc. appointed Kenneth Goldman to its board of directors, according to June 13 news release. Goldman most recently served as CFO of Yahoo! Inc. Verizon Communications Inc. recently closed its acquisition of Yahoo's operating business for about $4.48 billion. The legacy Yahoo company will change its name to Altaba Inc., effective June 16.
* John Hughes, a director of Equinix Inc., died June 11. He was appointed to the company's board in January 2016, according to a June 12 SEC filing.
* Inteliquent Inc. said June 1 that it appointed Reed Hundt to its board. Hundt is a Principal of strategic advice firm REH Advisors LLC, and is also the founder and CEO of the nonprofit Coalition for Green Capital. He also serves on the boards of various technology companies including Intel Corp. and Smart Sky Networks.