S&P Global Market Intelligence presents an overview of board changes at European financial institutions. The changes are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Credit Suisse Group AG appointed Yves Maas chairman of Credit Suisse (Luxembourg) SA and Stéphane Herrmann CEO of the unit, effective Feb. 1. Maas, currently CEO of the Luxembourg unit since 2012, will succeed Romeo Lacher, who was nominated as SIX Group AG chairman earlier in January.
* WH Ireland Group Plc named Victoria Raffé nonexecutive director of the company, effective Feb. 1. Raffé also currently serves as nonexecutive director at Reliance Bank Ltd. and Starling Bank.
* Banca Nuova SpA approved the appointment by co-optation of Gabriele Piccini to its board of directors. Piccini currently serves as senior deputy general manager and chief commercial officer of Banca Popolare di Vicenza SpA. Banca Nuova also acknowledged the resignation tendered by board member Iacopo De Francisco on Jan. 19.
* Carolyn Dittmeier was named a member of Alpha Bank AE's board of directors for the remainder of its tenure. Dittmeier replaces nonexecutive independent member Pavlos Apostolides, who resigned in 2016.
* Paul Matthews, CEO of Standard Life Plc's U.K. and Europe pensions and savings business, will step down as an executive director, effective March 1. Barry O'Dwyer, CEO of Standard Life Assurance Ltd., will replace Matthews on the board as an executive director and assume his responsibilities for the pensions and savings business.
* Admiral Group Plc's nonexecutive chairman, Alastair Lyons, will not seek re-election as a director of the company at its April 26 annual general meeting. A successor to Lyons, who has been chairman since 2000, will be announced once regulatory approvals are received, according to the company.
* Outgoing Hargreaves Lansdown Plc CEO Ian Gorham will step down from the company's board following the Feb. 8 publication of its interim results, but will remain with the company until Sept. 30.
* Francisco Cary resigned from his position as a member of Novo Banco SA's board of directors.
* Caisse Centrale de Reassurance SA appointed Patrick Cerceau, Charles Levi and Antoine Mantel to the board of directors. Cerceau most recently served as general manager of Europe de Mapfre Re, while Levi worked as managing director for actuarial affairs PZU SA. Mantel is currently general inspectorate of finance at the French Ministry of the Economy and Finance.