This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and homebuilders.
* Co-founder of Life Storage Inc. Kenneth Myszka retired as president of the self-storage real estate investment trust at the expiration of his employment agreement on Dec. 31, 2018.
* UDR Inc. COO Jerry Davis added the president title, while H. Andrew Cantor, Matthew Cozad, Michael Lacy, Robert McCullough and David Thatcher were all promoted to senior vice president from vice president. Cantor is senior vice president of acquisitions and dispositions for the multifamily REIT, Cozad is senior vice president of corporate services and innovation, Lacy is senior vice president of property operations, McCullough is senior vice president of development and Thatcher is senior vice president and general counsel.
* Acadia Realty Trust Executive Vice President and Chief Investment Officer Joel Braun retired from the shopping center REIT, effective Dec. 31.
* Real estate development and agribusiness company Tejon Ranch Co. appointed former California state senator Jean Fuller to its board of directors, effective Jan. 1.
* John Wang resigned from the board of directors of nontraded REIT RW Holdings NNN REIT Inc. on Dec. 31.