Henry Schein Inc. has designated members to the board for new animal care spinoff Covetrus.
The new spinoff has been formed through a joint venture between Henry Schein's animal health business and a merger with privately held Vets First Choice. Covetrus will focus on the companion, equine and large-animal veterinary markets.
Henry Schein in a Jan. 14 press release announced the newly formed board, which will include Vets First Choice Chairman David Shaw as chairman and former Ernst & Young Chairman and CEO Philip Laskawy as lead independent director.
Also added to the board will be:
• Benjamin Shaw, CEO of Covetrus and Vets First Choice.
• Betsy Atkins, CEO of venture capital firm Baja LLC.
• Deborah Ellinger, former private equity executive and currently with The Boston Consulting Group.
• Sandra Helton, former CFO of Telephone and Data Systems Inc.
• Mark Manoff, former partner and Americas Vice Chair of Ernst & Young.
• Edward McNamara, president and co-founder of venture-building firm TeamLaunch LLC.
• Steven Paladino, Henry Schein CFO and board member.
• Ravi Sachdev, partner at Clayton Dubilier & Rice.
• Benjamin Wolin, former CEO of Everyday Health and advisor for 3L Capital.