S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a rundown of recent board changes in the U.S. technology, media and telecommunications industries.
* Alphabet Inc. appointed Frances Arnold to its board of directors. She will serve on Alphabet's nominating and corporate governance committee. Arnold is the Linus Pauling Professor of chemical engineering, bioengineering and biochemistry and the director of the Donna and Benjamin M. Rosen Bioengineering Center at the California Institute of Technology. She won the Nobel Prize in chemistry in 2018.
* RealNetworks Inc. appointed Tim Wan and Erik Prusch to the company's board. Wan is the CFO at Asana Inc., which develops and offers a work management platform. Prusch has been CEO at several companies, including Harland Clarke Holdings Corp. With these appointments, RealNetworks' board now has eight directors.
* Cinedigm Corp. CEO and Chairman Chris McGurk joined IDW Media Holdings Inc.'s board. McGurk has been the chairman and CEO of Cinedigm since 2011.
* Nina Tassler stepped down as a Class I director at Hemisphere Media Group Inc.'s board. Tassler is leaving to focus on current projects, the company disclosed in an SEC filing. Hemisphere Media said it does not intend to fill the board vacancy resulting from Tassler's resignation.
* Verizon Communications Inc. elected former CFO and executive vice president of corporate services at Home Depot Inc. Carol Tomé to its board of directors, effective Jan. 1, 2020. This will bring Verizon's board membership to 11. Tomé was Home Depot's CFO from May 2001 and CFO and executive vice president of corporate services from January 2007 until her retirement in August. She also was senior vice president of finance and accounting-treasurer of Home Depot.
* Lin Zhang rejoined AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc. as the nonexecutive chairman of the company's board. Zhang succeeds Zeng Maojun, who will continue as an AMC board member. Zhang was previously a member of the company's board and held the position of nonexecutive chairman from August 2012 to March 2018.
* Bernard Han, recently appointed president and CEO of Frontier Communications Corp., will also join the company's board. Han succeeds Daniel McCarthy, who is stepping down as president and CEO and from his position on the board. Han previously was DISH Network Corp.'s CFO, COO and executive vice president of strategic planning.