trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/wOe3EDsNO31X11wTYzgo2g2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Ashanti exercises initial earn-in over Goldplat's Anumso project in Ghana

Blog

Insight Weekly: M&A outlook; US community bank margins; green hydrogen players' EU expansion

Blog

Insight Weekly: US bank M&A; low refinancing eases rates impact; Texas crypto mining booms

Blog

Insight Weekly: US stocks hit grim milestone; top European banks tumble; TMT IPOs plunge

Video

Gold and Copper Summit 2022: Overview of Global Gold Markets in 2022 and Beyond


Ashanti exercises initial earn-in over Goldplat's Anumso project in Ghana

Following completion of a six-month review period, Ashanti Gold Corp. exercised the option to earn 51% of Goldplat Plc's interest in the Anumso gold project in Ghana.

Under the deal terms, Ashanti is required to spend US$1.5 million in the first 18 months to earn an initial 51% interest, according to a March 30 release.

Additionally, Ashanti can increase its interest in the project to 75% by spending a further US$1.5 million within the next 12 months.

Goldplat holds a 90% stake in the Anumso project, while the remaining 10% is owned by the government of Ghana.

The companies executed the earn-in option deal in September 2016.