* The Federal Open Market Committee's two-day policy meeting starts today. The committee is expected to hike the federal funds rates at the end of the meeting.
* In Florida, an investor group is filing for a state bank charter for Gulfside Bank, which is targeted to open in the fourth quarter, the Sarasota (Fla.) Herald-Tribune reports.
* Asset manager CNH Finance is acquiring Triumph Healthcare Finance, a division of TBK Bank SSB that specializes in helping small middle-market healthcare companies.
* The Securities and Exchange Commission awarded over $83 million to three whistleblowers for exposing "long-running misconduct" at Bank of America's Merrill Lynch.
* Insurance company Arch Capital Group will transfer approximately $400 million of reserves to fellow Bermuda-based peer, Catalina Holdings, The Insurance Insider reports.
* Idaho's Insurance Director Dean Cameron warned that he might sue the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services if it blocks his approval allowing the sale of alternative Affordable Care Act plans in the state, Modern Healthcare reports.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription.