S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a rundown of executive changes in the U.S. technology, media and telecommunications industries.
* Marvel Television is shutting down its development plans, just two months after it was moved under Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios LLC, The Wrap reported. Marvel Television will stop developing any new series beyond the shows that are currently in production. Marvel Studios is expected to eliminate a number of positions both in the near future and long term. Jeph Loeb will leave his role as Marvel's head of television in the coming weeks. Other Marvel Television employees, including Karim Zreik, senior vice president of current programming and production, together with his team members, will join Marvel Studios.
* Kew Media Group Inc. said Geoff Webb left as CFO of the company after certain reports Webb provided to the "company and its senior lenders contained inaccurate information regarding working capital." The company said it is conducting a detailed review of these matters with the support of its financial and legal advisers and is in discussions with its senior lenders regarding this and its short-term liquidity requirements. Michael Corrigan was named interim CFO of Kew Media. Kew Media has formed a special committee of independent directors to review strategic alternatives for the company.
* LiveXLive Media Inc. appointed Garrett English chief creative officer of the company. English will oversee all content creation, serving as the executive producer of the company's existing slate of global live events and original series.
* Cardlytics Inc. appointed Michael Akkerman the company's chief product and strategy officer. Akkerman will lead the company's overall product strategy, including developing a multiyear strategic roadmap. He will also oversee the delivery of all enhancements and innovations for marketers, financial institutions and consumers.
* Deepmind Technologies Ltd. co-founder Mustafa Suleyman is leaving the company to take a new role at the company's parent Google LLC, Deepmind CEO and co-founder Demis Hassabis said in a blog post. In a tweet, Suleyman said he will focus on work related to applied artificial intelligence technologies. Google is a unit of Alphabet Inc.
* Anime-focused streaming service Crunchyroll completed the acquisition of a majority stake in VIZ Media Europe SARL, a France-based anime distributor. In line with the deal, the companies named John Easum head of Crunchyroll's Europe, Middle East and Africa business. Easum will take charge of Crunchyroll's content deals and global expansion efforts, among other tasks. Kazuyoshi Takeuchi will step down as president of VIZ Media Europe and will become adviser to the company. Crunchyroll is owned by AT&T Inc.'s Otter Media Holdings LLC.
* Intel Corp. appointed Gary Patton corporate vice president and general manager of design enablement, Reuters reported. He will report to the company's chief technology officer, Mike Mayberry. Patton previously served at GlobalFoundries as chief technology officer.