trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/wh2jfpBEhSo9o0DSYlcrBQ2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

South Korea's CJ CheilJedang closes $1.84B Schwan's acquisition

Gauging Supply Chain Risk In Volatile Times

S&P Global Market Intelligence

Cannabis: Hashing Out a Budding Industry

Segment

IFRS 9 Impairment How It Impacts Your Corporation And How We Can Help

The Market Intelligence Platform


South Korea's CJ CheilJedang closes $1.84B Schwan's acquisition

South Korean conglomerate CJ Cheiljedang Corp. completed its $1.84 billion acquisition of U.S. frozen food company Schwan's Co. and several of its subsidiaries, according to a Feb. 25 release.

CJ agreed to acquire an 80% stake in Schwan's in November 2018, with the remaining 20% retained by Schwan's current shareholders — two trusts established by the founder Marvin Schwan.

The Schwan family will also retain 100% ownership of the company's legacy home-delivery business Schwan's Home Service Inc.

Following the transaction, Schwan's and its subsidiaries that focus on foods sold in retail and grocery channels and food-service venues became subsidiaries of CJ.

Schwan's brands include Red Baron, Freschetta, Tony's pizza, Pagoda Asian-style snacks, and Edwards and Mrs. Smith's desserts.

The transaction also included the manufacturing and logistics operations and various professional and administrative services of Schwan's.

In addition, Schwan's senior management team will remain in place, and the company will continue to be headquartered in Minnesota.