S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Tajuddin Bin Atan will step down as CEO of Bursa Malaysia Bhd., with Muhamad Umar Swift named as replacement, effective Feb. 11, 2019.
* Hong Kong-based Sheng Yuan Holdings Ltd. appointed Gao Hong chairman and executive director of its board.
* Nearly 50 investment bankers in Hong Kong and Singapore, including eight managing directors, parted ways with Deutsche Bank AG in the past six months as the German lender has struggled to contain a decline in revenues.
* Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Ltd. said Lee Hsien Yang will retire as a nonexecutive director of its board.
* Union Bank of the Philippines named Maria Theresa Daguiso head of operations for risk management and Amancio Abner Jr. head of information for asset management.
* Sompo Holdings Inc. named John Charman to serve as CEO of its overseas insurance business, effective April 1, 2019.
* V. Vaidyanathan was appointed managing director and CEO of India's IDFC First Bank, while Rajiv Lall was appointed a part-time nonexecutive chairman.
* Bank of China Ltd.'s employee representatives elected Wang Zhiheng, Li Changlin and Leng Jie employee supervisors on the board of supervisors, effective Dec. 14.
* Taiwan-based Mega Securities Co. Ltd. said Hsi-Jui Chao stepped down as a supervisor on its board, effective Dec. 19.
* India's IDFC Ltd. appointed Bipin Gemani CFO, effective Dec. 19.
* Li Yifei is stepping down as head of U.K.-based Man Group PLC's China division.
* John Larsen resigned as a nonexecutive director on the board of Australia's Sequoia Financial Group Ltd.
* Centrepoint Alliance Ltd. appointed Peter Loosmore interim CFO.
* South Korea's KB Securities Co. Ltd. said its co-CEOs Yoon Kyung-eun and Chun Byoung-jo stepped down from their roles.
* Haitong International Securities Group Ltd. is looking to add 500 more wealth managers as part of its plans to expand its services for retail, high and ultra-high net worth customers.
* The board of Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd. elected Hu Hao and Tan Jiong executive directors.
* Bank of China named Wu Fulin and Lin Jingzhen executive directors.
* Australia's Prime Financial Group Ltd. appointed Rory McLaughlin and Ben Priestley co-CFOs.
* Freedom Insurance Group Ltd. has appointed its financial controller, Adam Scobie, as acting CFO.
* Juan Alejandro Aboitiz joined the board of Union Bank of the Philippines as a director.
* BOC Hong Kong (Holdings) Ltd. appointed Liu Liange to be vice chairman and nonexecutive director of the company and its main operating subsidiary, Bank of China (Hong Kong) Ltd., effective Dec. 15.
* Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd. appointed three co-CEOs, including Lee Yuansiong, who will be responsible for the retail customers' integrated financial business.
* Hong Kong-listed Cocoon Holdings Ltd. named Leung Yin Ting and Jiang Qian independent nonexecutive directors on its board.
* Chalermchai Sirinopawong resigned as a board director of ASIA Capital Group Public Co. Ltd.
* Somerley Capital Holdings Ltd. said Jeremy James Higgs resigned as an independent nonexecutive director.
* India-based UCO Bank appointed D.K. Mridha to replace Naresh Kumar as chief risk officer.
* Nithya Easwaran will join the board of APAC Financial Services Pvt. Ltd. following Multiples Alternate Asset Management's acquisition of a 37% stake in the nonbanking financial company.
* India-based private-sector lender Yes Bank Ltd. is expected to name Brahm Dutt nonexecutive interim chairman following the resignation of Ashok Chawla in November.
* Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc. announced the appointment of Jun Ohta as president and group CEO.
* Taiwan-based Waterland Securities Co., Ltd. appointed Shiow-Ling Wu a director, replacing Chao-Jung Chen.
* Standard Chartered PLC has axed 200 positions within its Indian operations, primarily in the retail segment.
* Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing Ltd. named Cindy Chen head of post-trade business development, clearing.
* Australia & New Zealand Banking's group executive for Australia, Fred Ohlsson, will be leaving his role to take a prolonged unpaid career-break.