S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the Asia-Pacific real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Europe and North America Hires and Fires columns will be published Wednesday and Thursday, respectively.
* Li Shifa relinquished his CEO role at China Logistics Property Holdings Co. Ltd., with effect from March 26, to comply with a Hong Kong Stock Exchange ruling that requires the CEO and chairman positions be separate and not held by the same individual. Pursuant to this policy, the industrial-focused real estate company appointed executive director Pan Naiyue as CEO, effective on the same date.
Li, meanwhile, will continue to hold his other positions in the company as executive director, president, and chairman of the board and the nomination committee, as well as his membership role in the remuneration committee.
* Gao Wei stepped down March 26 as nonexecutive director of Yida China Holdings Ltd. to devote more of his time to his personal endeavors. Wang Gang was named replacement.
* Future Land Development Holdings Ltd.'s board saw changes March 21 in which executive director Liu Yuanman and joint company secretary Chan Wai Kin resigned from their roles. Zhang Shengman and Zhang Feng took on the roles of nonexecutive director and joint company secretary, respectively. Chan will remain as executive director, while Liu will move to other roles within the group.
* Chinese diversified real estate developer Kaisa Group Holdings Ltd. named Zhang Jianjun executive director and vice chairman, effective March 20.
* Minmetals Land Ltd. independent nonexecutive director Maria Tam Wai Chu will step down April 1 to focus on her personal business, to be replaced by Fanny Law Fan Chiu Fun.
* Nip Yun Wing is retiring April 3 as China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd. CFO, executive director and authorized representative. With the executive's departure, the real estate developer appointed executive director Luo Liang as the next authorized representative.
* Wang Qi resigned March 22 as China Overseas Property Holdings Ltd. CEO, executive director, vice chairman and authorized representative of the company because of a realignment of work duties. On the same date, Yang Ou was named as replacement.
* Chng Hwee Hong joined the board of United Industrial Corp. Ltd. as independent nonexecutive director, with effect from March 23.
* Goh Toh Sim fully assumed the CEO role at EC World REIT's manager March 23, after serving as acting CEO when Alvin Cheng resigned in February.
* Stockland CEO for Commercial Property John Schroder is stepping down after July 2 but will remain in the company as a consultant. Former AMP Capital Real Estate COO Louise Mason will succeed Schroder, with her appointment to be effective "in the coming months."
* Woravit Chailimpamontri was named independent director at Siam Future Development PCL, succeeding Dej Busuk, who passed away in February. The appointee also took a seat in the board's audit committee.
* Naokatsu Uchida, Kenedix Office Investment Corp. executive director, is retiring March 31, with Jiro Takeda scheduled to take over his place April 1.