This feature rounds up recent commercial property news and highlights larger deal coverage already published.
* Slate Office REIT sealed the deal for the acquisition of Commerce West, a 411,842-square-foot office complex in Etobicoke, Ontario, for C$95 million.
* CNL Healthcare Properties II Inc., in its first acquisition, snapped up the newly built Summer Vista Assisted Living Community in Pensacola, Fla., for $21.4 million.
* EastGroup Properties Inc. picked up the fully leased 84,000-square-foot Broadmoor Commerce Park in Atlanta, Ga., and 30 acres of land in the Round Rock submarket of Austin, Texas, in April, for $6.3 million and $5.3 million, respectively.
The company also snapped up the 99,000-square-foot Southpark Corporate Center 5-7 in Austin for $10.2 million and sold Stemmons Circle in Dallas for $5.1 million to the party that sold the Southpark property.
* One Liberty Properties Inc. forked over $8.7 million for a 78,319-square-foot light manufacturing and distribution property on roughly 18.6 acres in the Huntersville suburb of Charlotte, N.C.
* IBM tapped Digital Realty Trust Inc. to run an 8,010 square meter point-of-presence data center in Sydney, its fourth such venture with the company in Australia. The facility includes 6MW of power and an N+1 free air cooling architecture.
* Crown Castle signed on for 55,622 square feet at 8000 Avalon, a mixed-use building in Atlanta, Ga., owned by Hines along with its joint venture partner Cousins Properties Inc.
Data center operator plans $2.5 billion investment in Atlanta: Las Vegas-based Switch plans to build a more than 1 million-square-foot data center campus, serving the Southeast and Virginia markets.
Omega Healthcare secures $1.8B of credit facilities: The company also announced that it has closed a roughly $113 million acquisition and lease transaction for 18 care home facilities in the U.K.
Ivanhoe Cambridge, Callahan Capital pay US$650M for Manhattan skyscraper: The 30-story office tower spans 1.1 million square feet.
Future Fund-TH Real Estate JV expects US$450M from NYC tower sale: The property in New York was purchased by Future Fund and TH Real Estate in 2013 for US$190 million, respectively acquiring in the process a 49% and 51% stake in the asset, The Australian noted.
Urban Edge Properties closes $325M deal for 7-asset portfolio: The portfolio is 83% leased.