trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/Uy7-KnY0U7eQ7qM50e4gOw2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Consol Energy acquires 25% stake in coal-to-products CFOAM Corp. unit for $3.5M

Q2: U.S. Solar and Wind Power by the Numbers

Essential Energy Insights - September 17, 2020

Essential Energy Insights September 2020

Rate case activity slips, COVID-19 proceedings remain at the forefront in August

Consol Energy acquires 25% stake in coal-to-products CFOAM Corp. unit for $3.5M

Consol Energy Inc. acquired a 25% equity stake in newly formed holding company CFOAM Corp., making its entry to the coal-to-products space. ASX-listed CFOAM Ltd. owns the other 75% of the company.

The Pennsylvania-based coal producer invested $3.5 million in return for the equity ownership, according to a Jan. 8 news release, and estimated the total addressable market for the CFOAM products at more than $15 billion per year.

Consol Energy also provided a $1.1 million term loan to CFOAM Corp. subsidiary CFOAM LLC and acquired a first lien note from the unit for $400,000.

"CFOAM products are used or being developed for a wide range of markets including composite tooling for the aerospace sector, as well as energy absorbing, structural, and defense applications," Consol Energy President and CEO Jimmy Brock said in the statement.