S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive changes at pharmaceutical, biotech and life sciences companies.
* Billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong's NantKwest Inc. said CFO Richard Tajak stepped down and will be replaced by Sonja Nelson, its chief accounting officer. Tajak will remain with the company on a consulting basis for financial and accounting matters.
* Sarepta Therapeutics Inc. appointed Gilmore O'Neill as chief medical officer. O'Neill was most recently the senior vice president of Biogen Inc.
* Benchmark Botanics Inc. CFO Richard Lee stepped down and will be replaced in the interim by Jin Kuang, the company's corporate controller.
* Alder Biopharmaceuticals Inc. named Robert Azelby CEO, president and director. Azelby was previously Juno Therapeutics Inc.'s executive vice president and chief commercial officer.
* Arcus Biosciences Inc. promoted Jennifer Jarrett to COO. She will retain her CFO position.
* Galectin Therapeutics Inc. said Harold Shlevin will succeed Peter Traber as CEO and president. Traber previously decided to step down as chief medical officer as well.
* Kura Oncology Inc. said Heidi Henson is resigning as CFO and company secretary but agreed to remain as a consultant.
* Aimmune Therapeutics Inc. said Jayson Dallas, who was most recently Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc.'s chief commercial officer, will serve as CEO, president and director, after CEO Stephen Dilly disclosed plans to retire.
* MiMedx Group Inc. tapped Edward Borkowski to serve as interim CFO, following the departure of Michael Senken from the company.
* Trillium Therapeutics Inc. appointed Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.'s former executive medical director, Yaping Shou, as chief medical officer.
* Atara Biotherapeutics Inc. said Utpal Koppikar, who most recently served as Gilead Sciences Inc.'s vice president for corporate and operations finance, will serve as its CFO.
* Callitas Health Inc. named James Thompson president and CEO, after serving in an interim capacity when Gary Thompson stepped down due to health issues.
* Arbutus Biopharma Corp. said David Hastings will take over the CFO role from Koert VandenEnden, who has been the company's interim CFO. Hastings was the CFO and executive vice president of Incyte Corp.