trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/UvFYQ578ByrT4GY7oAMf5g2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us
In This List

Brazil government green-lights Boeing-Embraer venture

OTT Helps To Offset Pay TV Losses for Video Security Vendors

5G Survey: Despite COVID-19 delays, operator roadmaps still lead to 5G

Machine Learning and Credit Risk Modelling

COVID-19 reduces U.S. residential smart meter shipments over the short term but long term still looks positive


Brazil government green-lights Boeing-Embraer venture

U.S. aerospace company Boeing Co. and Brazilian planemaker Embraer SA have overcome a major hurdle for their proposed joint venture after the Brazilian government approved the proposed partnership.

Both companies confirmed the government's approval, saying the partnership will position them to accelerate growth in global aerospace markets. Under the agreement, Boeing will buy an 80% stake in Embraer's commercial aircraft and services operations for an estimated $4.2 billion.

The Brazilian government's approval comes after both companies faced court injunctions that threatened the proposed venture. The injunctions were later overturned.

Boeing and Embraer must now seek approval from shareholders and regulators before they can close the deal, expected by the end of 2019.

The companies also agreed to the terms of another joint venture to promote and develop new markets for the multimission medium airlift KC-390. Embraer will own 51% of this joint venture, while Boeing will hold the remaining 49%.