trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/uL1Ccz5c5fwygIz5G3CGsg2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Para inks MOU to acquire up to 75% stake in Peruvian gold-silver mine, plant

Essential Metals & Mining Insights August 2020

State of the Market: Mining Q2-2020

Report Outlooks of Lithium and Cobalt

Essential Metals & Mining Insights July 2020


Para inks MOU to acquire up to 75% stake in Peruvian gold-silver mine, plant

Para Resources Inc. inked a memorandum of understanding with Mining and Solutions Construction Group SA, or MISCON, under which Para agreed to acquire up to a 75% interest in the latter's Finaris gold-silver mine and concessions as well as the Las Lomas de Casma processing plant, in Peru.

Under the terms, Para agreed to invest between US$5 million and US$7 million in improvements and expansion of the assets to increase production, subject to due diligence.

Upon completion of the project, Para will earn up to a 50.1% interest in the assets.

Para may earn an additional 25% interest upon the achievement of mutually agreed-upon production goals and other milestones, to be set at the end of due diligence.

Upon Para earning a 75% stake, MISCON will have the option to sell the remaining 25% interest to Para at fair market value.

The initial mine plan by MISCON outlined a target resource of 300,000 ounces of gold at 10.1 g/t and 500,000 ounces of silver, based on 591 meters of development mining in galleries in only the Milagros-1 vein.

The Finaris mining concession includes a permit for the construction of an additional 200 tonnes per day of gold processing plant that could be upgraded to 350 tpd with an additional permit.

In addition, the Las Lomas de Casma plant at Casma property has a current capacity of about 50 tpd output but is permitted for 150 tpd.

Prior to the signing the definitive agreement, the parties will agree on the pre-money valuation of MISCON and the relative value of the capital, equipment and expertise to be applied by Para to the project.