trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/uGgYMJk_FAzn7uhiuKEYOw2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Saudi regulator approves Saudi British Bank, Alawwal Bank merger

Street Talk - Ep. 64: Coronavirus jumpstarts digital adoption

Street Talk Podcast

Street Talk - Ep. 63: Deal talks continue amid bank M&A freeze, setting up for strong Q4

Street Talk Podcast

Street Talk - Ep. 62: 'Brutal' outlook for oil demand offers banks in oil patch no relief

Amid Q1 APAC Fintech Funding Slump, Payment Companies Drove Investments


Saudi regulator approves Saudi British Bank, Alawwal Bank merger

Saudi British Bank secured approval from the Saudi General Authority for Competition over its planned acquisition of Alawwal Bank, Argaam reported, citing a statement from the regulator.

The Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority also recently cleared the deal.

The boards of Saudi British Bank and Alawwal Bank signed a merger agreement in October 2018 to create a bank with a market capitalization of about 64.6 billion Saudi riyals and 268 billion riyals in assets.

Upon completion of the deal, Saudi British Bank shareholders will acquire 73% of the combined bank, with the remaining 27% to be owned by Alawwal shareholders. The merger values each Alawwal Bank share at 16.26 riyals and the lender's existing ordinary share capital at about 18.6 billion riyals.

As of March. 21, US$1 was equivalent to 3.75 Saudi riyals.