S&P Global Market Intelligence offers our top picks of global private equity news stories and more published throughout the week.
* Blackstone Group LP prevailed in the auction to buy Servpro Industries Inc. and is close to reaching a deal for the residential and commercial restoration services provider, sources told The Wall Street Journal. Including debt, the deal is expected to top $1 billion.
* Apax Partners LLP and Warburg Pincus International LLC are part of a consortium negotiating to buy satellite operator Inmarsat PLC, which disclosed that it received a nonbinding offer of US$7.21 per share, or about US$3.34 billion, at the end of January. The group has until April 16 to make a firm offer for Inmarsat.
Entering the fray
* Värde Partners Inc., Apollo Global Management LLC and BlackRock Inc. are among the parties considering submitting offers for troubled Italian lender Banca Carige SpA, Reuters reported, citing sources close to the matter.
People walk past a Banca Carige bank branch in Milan.
Source: Associated Press
* Advent International Corp., Blackstone, Hellman & Friedman LLC and CVC Capital Partners Ltd. are the latest private equity firms said to be weighing offers to acquire a majority stake in WPP PLC's data analytics unit Kantar, four people aware of the matter told Reuters.
* PAI Partners is the leading contender to acquire Areas SA, the concession catering unit of Elior Group SA, in a deal that could value the business at up to €1.5 billion, according to Reuters, citing four sources close to the matter.
* KKR & Co., CVC and Carlyle Group LP are among the interested parties eyeing the Asian hospital business of Columbia Pacific Management Inc., people close to the matter told Reuters. The business could sell for around $2 billion.
* Triton, Bain Capital Private Equity LP, KKR, Cinven Ltd. and Onex Corp. are expected to participate in the first round of bidding for the packaging machinery unit of German automotive supplier Bosch, Reuters reported, citing sources aware of the matter.
* The infrastructure investment arm of Macquarie Group Ltd. is selling Polish container terminal DCT Gdansk SA for €1 billion to a consortium consisting of port operator PSA International Pte. Ltd., IFM Investors Pty Ltd. and the Polish Development Fund, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing a person close to the matter.
* Ares Management Corp. and Crescent Capital Group LP are expected to take control of for-profit thrift-store chain Savers LLC from Leonard Green & Partners LP and TPG Capital Management LP through a restructuring agreement, people with knowledge of the matter told Bloomberg News.
* EQT Partners AB is looking to sell market research company FocusVision Worldwide Inc., Private Equity News reported, citing people close to the matter.
It's a deal
* The investor group led by BGH Capital received board approval from Navitas Ltd. to buy the Australian education services provider for A$5.825 per share after two rejected bids.
* OpCapita LLP-advised fund Opcapita Consumer Opportunities Fund LP agreed to sell discount clothing retailer NKD Vertriebs GmbH to funds advised by TDR Capital LLP.
* Jordan Co. LP, through an affiliate of The Resolute Fund IV LP, agreed to acquire Sabre Industries Inc. from Kohlberg Investors VII LP, a fund managed by Kohlberg & Co. LLC.
* One Rock Capital Partners LLC agreed to buy the process solutions unit of Newell Brands Inc., the parent company of the Rubbermaid and Sharpie brands.
Contract employees for Miller Environmental Services scrub containment boom the old fashioned way in Grand Isle, La.
Source: Associated Press
Stake all you can
* GenNx360 Capital Partners acquired a majority stake in environmental services company Miller Environmental Group Inc.
* CLSA Capital Partners agreed to buy a majority interest in Japanese toy manufacturer Bloom Group, DealStreetAsia reported, citing the Hong Kong-based private investor.
* GIMV NV will acquire a majority share in Dutch cooling and heating equipment rental company Coolworld Rentals, formally known as Coolworld International BV.
* Ardian raised €6.1 billion for Ardian Infrastructure Fund V in just under six months.
* Advent International Corp. aims to pull in as much as $1 billion for its first technology-focused fund, people familiar with the fundraising told PE Hub Buyouts.
* Blackstone secured $695 million of capital for its first two Mexican private equity funds.
Banking 10 US banks are undercapitalized
Energy Pipeline permitting pace expected to slow as gas projects catch up to shale
ESG As solar booms toward terrawatts, recycling imperative arises
Fintech Analysts see largest fintech merger of all time as 'defensive' play
Healthcare Hospital, doctor visits decline as vaccines perform better in '18-'19 flu season
Insurance Auto improvements fuel return to profitability for another personal lines mutual
Technology, media and telecommunications Cloud gaming not an immediate opportunity for telecom, chip providers
Metals Natural graphite hopefuls encouraged to persist amid China synthetic preference
Private equity Long-term fund strategies gaining ground in private equity
Real estate Cannabis landlord Innovative Industrial's growth is promising, but baked in
Retail, consumer products, gaming and leisure Big dairy companies take plant-based alternatives beyond soymilk