trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/tIEwzSRdD2EAoou-sg9kVw2 content esgSubNav
In This List

EDF Renewables, Masdar to build 400-MW wind farm in Saudi Arabia

Blog

Insight Weekly: M&A outlook; US community bank margins; green hydrogen players' EU expansion

Blog

Research Brokers Accelerate Their Coverage of Electric Vehicles

Blog

SEC Climate Disclosure Requirements Heating Up: How to Take Action

Blog

Insight Weekly: US bank M&A; low refinancing eases rates impact; Texas crypto mining booms


EDF Renewables, Masdar to build 400-MW wind farm in Saudi Arabia

A consortium consisting of EDF Renewables and Masdar won the tender to build the 400-MW Dumat Al Jandal wind farm in Saudi Arabia.

The project was awarded by the Kingdom's Renewable Energy Project Development Office, following a call for tenders issued in August 2017. The consortium submitted a bid at $21.3 per MWh.

Construction of the facility will start in a few months at a location 560 miles from north of Riyadh in the Al Jouf region of northwestern Saudi Arabia. The project will be the first wind farm in Saudi Arabia, according to a Jan. 10 news release. Upon completion, the facility will sell power to Saudi Electricity Co. subsidiary Saudi Power Procurement Co. under a 20-year power purchase agreement.

EDF Renewables will own 51% of the project while the remaining 49% will be owned by Masdar.

EDF Renewables is a Electricité de France SA subsidiary.