trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/T6HlrQJgStpaEBAD4tCITg2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Oil and Natural Gas unit strikes oil in Colombian block

Q2: U.S. Solar and Wind Power by the Numbers

Essential Energy Insights - September 17, 2020

Essential Energy Insights September 2020

Rate case activity slips, COVID-19 proceedings remain at the forefront in August


Oil and Natural Gas unit strikes oil in Colombian block

Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd. announced its subsidiary, ONGC Videsh Ltd., found oil in Colombian block CPO-5 through well Sol-1.

The oil discovery confirms the extent of oil farther south of the block, Oil and Natural Gas said in an Oct. 16 news release.

Located in the Llanos Basin, the well encountered oil-bearing sands of eight meters at a depth of 2,852 meters.

ONGC Videsh serves as project operator with a 70% stake in the block. Petrodorado South America SA Sucursal Colombia holds the remaining 30%.

ONGC Videsh is also a partner in a consortium that explores offshore Brazilian block BM-SEAL-4 in the Sergipe Alagoas Basin.

The drilling of the Moita Bonita-2 well encountered gas-bearing sand with a total thickness of 39 meters and oil-bearing sand of total thickness of 24 meters at deeper depths.

Petróleo Brasileiro SA - Petrobras serves as project operator with a 75% stake, while ONGC Videsh holds the other 25%.