S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the Asia-Pacific real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Europe and North America Hires and Fires columns will be published Wednesday and Thursday, respectively.
* Urvashi Jain joined developer Real News & Views Ltd. as company secretary and compliance officer, effective Dec. 14.
* Shuchi Bansal resigned as an independent director of Luharuka Media & Infra Ltd. Dec. 14, citing personal reasons.
* DLF Ltd. CFO Saurabh Chawla stepped down to pursue new professional opportunities, according to a Dec. 12 release. Ashok Kumar Tyagi, a whole-time director of the company, will replace Chawla. Tyagi was group CFO until December 2017.
* The Phoenix Mills Ltd. brought in Rajendra Kalkar, president of the company's west retail business, as a full-time director Dec. 10.
* Nirvana Daii PCL positioned Piyorot Loughajareonyos as company secretary Dec. 14, in place of Thamonwan Woraphongjirakarn, who resigned from the post.
* JSP Property PCL named Ronnarith Thitisuriyarax deputy CEO of financial and accounting, effective Dec. 17. Additionally, the appointment of Chaiyuth Padungsaksawat as risk committee chairman, as well as the appointments of Nithi Ratanapreechavech and Wirach Sinsevekul as members of the risk committee, took effect Dec. 14.
* Chanitsara Yingnork succeeded Jeerasuda Sasanus as the company secretary of real estate developer Chewathai PCL Dec. 13.
* CapitaLand Mall Trust manager CapitaLand Mall Trust Management Ltd. designated Tee Leng Li company secretary, a post previously held by Tan Lee Nah, effective Dec. 15.
* Mapletree Commercial Trust Management Ltd., the manager of Mapletree Commercial Trust, added Wu Long Peng as an independent nonexecutive director Dec. 15.
* Tanya Teow Xueting resigned as the joint company secretary of AIMS AMP Capital Industrial REIT's manager, AIMS AMP Capital Industrial REIT Management Ltd., Dec. 12. Following the departure, Stella Yeak Shuk Phin took sole ownership of the position that she previously held alongside Xueting.
* Shopping Centres Australasia Property Group installed Steven Crane and Beth Laughton as nonexecutive directors Dec. 13. Additionally, nonexecutive director James Hodgkinson will relinquish his seat on the board, as well as his membership of the company's nomination; remuneration; investment; and audit, risk management and compliance committees Dec. 31.
* Holly Kramer took a seat on the board of Abacus Property Group Dec. 13. The appointee also became chairperson of the company's nomination and remuneration committee.
* Garda Capital Group disclosed the election of Morgan Parker as a nonexecutive independent director, as well as a member of the company's audit and risk committee, and nomination and remuneration committee. The appointment was effective Dec. 13.
* Au Siu Kee Alexander rejoined Henderson Land Development Co. Ltd. as an independent nonexecutive director Dec. 13. Au previously served a 10-year term as director on the board before vacating his post in June 2015 to spend more time in an advisory role at Henderson Land unit Henderson Investments Ltd. He continues to hold positions at Henderson Land subsidiaries.
* Mohd Anwar Bin Yahya became an independent nonexecutive director of real estate investment company Amanah Harta Tanah PNB Dec. 12.