S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Japan-based Prudential Life Insurance Co. Ltd. has appointed Motofusa Hamada as its new president, effective April 1. Hamada will replace Shoichiro Ichitani, who will become vice chairman.
* China Development Financial Holding Corp. said Foong Hock Meng retired as CEO of its unit, KGI Securities (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., effective April 1.
* Japan's Bank of Saga Ltd. appointed current managing director Hideaki Sakai as president, effective April 1, The Nikkei reported.
* India's Vijaya Bank appointed general manager and CFO Murali Ramaswami as executive director, effective Feb. 19.
* The Indian government appointed Debashish Mukherjee as executive director of Canara Bank, effective Feb. 19.
* Julie Orr has been appointed as nonexecutive director of Australian Ethical Investments Ltd.
* China Commercial Credit Inc. said it named Alex Lau as its chief technology officer, effective Feb. 20.
* Ramli bin Ibrahim will retire as an independent nonexecutive director of AEON Credit Service (M) Bhd., effective Feb. 28.
* D.M. Gunasekara will retire as CEO and general manager of Sri Lanka-based Bank of Ceylon. K.B.S. Bandara was appointed as the bank's new CEO and general manager, effective Feb. 22.
* National Clearing Co. of Pakistan Ltd. named Humayun Bashir, Imtiaz Haider, Jamil Iqbal and Khalid Zaman Khan as independent directors.
* Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc. has appointed Emmanuel Delattre as global coordinator for origination and distribution.
* Taweesak Saksirilarp will retire as a director of Thanachart Capital PCL, with Teeranun Srihong appointed as replacement.
* Bangladesh Krishi Bank said it appointed Ali Hossain Prodhania to be a managing director, The Daily Star reported.
* India's Religare Enterprises Ltd. appointed independent director Ashok Mehta to be a whole-time director and interim CEO, effective Feb. 17. Among other changes, the company appointed Siddharth Mehta a nonexecutive nonindependent director.
* Pakistan-based Habib Metropolitan Bank Ltd. appointed Mohsin Nathani president and CEO. The appointment will take effect in the second quarter, subject to regulatory approval.
* Katsunori Kobayashi was named as president of Japan-based Mito Securities Co. Ltd.
* Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe nominated Haruhiko Kuroda for a second term as governor of the Bank of Japan, multiple media outlets reported.
* Luke Oxenham stepped down as CFO of Genworth Mortgage Insurance Australia Ltd.
* NZX Ltd. said it appointed Lindsay Wright an independent director on its board, effective Feb. 20.