trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/SiG9axFq_USbJng_hJt-Ww2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Embraer, Boeing agree to terms of tie-up

Gold RRS 2020 — Top Gold Producers' Reserves In Decline

Infrastructure Issues: Understanding and Mitigating Risks

Trade Payment Risk Is Not Necessarily Default Risk

COVID-19: How can we tell which Local Governments will be most impacted by the Pandemic?


Embraer, Boeing agree to terms of tie-up

Boeing Co. and Embraer SA have agreed to the terms of a joint venture in which the U.S.-based group will acquire an 80% stake in the Brazilian plane maker's commercial aircraft and services operations.

The deal now values the division at $5.26 billion compared with $4.75 billion in July. Embraer expects to generate approximately $3 billion from the transaction, after separation costs.

Under the terms of the deal, Boeing will own an 80% stake in the new company formed following the acquisition for an estimated $4.2 billion.

The new company will be led by Brazil-based executives and will report directly to Boeing Chairman, President and CEO Dennis Muilenburg.

Boeing will control the new company's operations and management, while Embraer will keep its consent rights for certain strategic decisions, according to a statement.

The venture is expected to be neutral to Boeing's EPS in 2020, and accretive in succeeding years. It is projected to generate annual pretax cost synergies of about $150 million by the third year of operations.

The deal is subject to approval by Brazilian authorities, shareholders and other regulators, as well as customary closing conditions.

Boeing and Embraer also announced another joint venture to market Embraer's KC-390 aircraft. Under the deal, Embraer will own a 51% stake in the tie-up, while Boeing will get the remaining 49%. The deal is subject to regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions and is expected to close by the end of 2019.