"S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive management, board and regulatory changes in the energy industry. The moves are listed by sector in reverse chronological order."
* Arizona Public Service Co. named Maria Lacal as executive vice president and chief nuclear officer for its Palo Verde generating station, replacing Robert Bement, effective Jan. 21, 2020. Bement will remain as the executive vice president and special adviser to the CEO until his retirement on March 31, 2020, according to a Dec. 19 SEC filing.
* Alabama Power Co. appointed Patrick Murphy vice president of its mobile division, effective Jan. 1, 2020. Murphy currently is vice president of marketing and economic development, according to a Dec. 18 news release.
* Avangrid Inc. appointed Pedro Azagra Blázquez as a member of its board after the resignation of independent nonexecutive director Carol Folt, according to a Dec. 17 SEC filing. Azagra Blázquez — currently corporate development director at Iberdrola SA, which directly holds an 81.5% shareholding in Avangrid — previously served as an Avangrid board member from January 2014 until June 2019.
* Nebraska Public Power District promoted Tom Kent to executive vice president and COO, Tim Arlt to vice president and general manager of retail and Robyn Tweedy to vice president and chief information officer. The new positions are effective Jan. 1, 2020, according to a Dec. 17 news release.
* Florida municipal utility JEA's board of directors moved to terminate Managing Director and CEO Aaron Zahn. JEA's board members unanimously voted Dec. 17 to place Zahn on paid leave while the utility's office of general counsel negotiates through Dec. 30 to see if the CEO can be terminated with cause. JEA President and COO Melissa Dykes will serve as interim managing director and CEO.
* Wright-Hennepin Cooperative Electric Association made an equity investment in ZEF Energy as part of a broader set of initiatives to promote the adoption of electric vehicles. As a result of the investment, Wright-Hennepin will be allowed to appoint a director to the board of ZEF.
Oil and gas utility/midstream
* Texas-based oilfield service company ProPetro Holding Corp. appointed Michele Choka to its board of directors, effective Feb. 1, 2020, according to a Dec. 19 news release. Choka will serve on the board's compensation committee and its nominating and corporate governance committee.
* Oilfield services provider Apergy Corp. will merge with the upstream energy business of specialty chemical company Ecolab Inc. subsidiary Nalco Champion LLC. The combined company will be led by Apergy President and CEO Sivasankaran Somasundaram, who be the president and CEO; Apergy CFO Jay Nutt, who will be CFO; and Deric Bryant, executive vice president and president of Ecolab's upstream energy business, who will be COO. Ecolab will also designate two new directors to Apergy's board. Apergy Board Chair Daniel Rabun will be the chairman of the combined company.
* Halliburton Co. appointed Robb Voyles, its current executive vice president, secretary and general counsel, as the executive vice president, secretary and chief legal officer, effective Jan. 1, 2020, according to a Dec. 19 news release. In addition, the company named Van Beckwith as its senior vice president and general counsel.
* Southwest Iowa Renewable Energy LLC appointed Jill Euken as a series A director. Euken, who will replace Andrew Bulloch, will serve on the board until the company's 2020 meeting where she will stand for reelection for a four-year term, according to a Dec. 18 SEC filing.
* Northern Oil & Gas Inc. on Dec. 17 announced a series of changes to its senior-level management. CEO Brandon Elliott will step down Dec. 31 and be succeeded by President and CFO Nicholas O'Grady, effective Jan. 1, 2020. Chief Accounting Officer Chad Allen will succeed O'Grady as CFO. The company's executive vice president of land, Adam Dirlam, was named COO, effective Jan. 1, 2020. Executive Vice President, general counsel and Secretary Erik Romslo will take over as chief legal officer and secretary. Mike Kelly was hired to serve as executive vice president of finance, while Vice President of Engineering James Evans was named senior vice president of engineering.
* Noble Corp. PLC named Stephen Butz as its executive vice president and CFO, effective Dec. 19. Butz previously served as the executive vice president and CFO of Rowan Cos. PLC, according to a Dec. 17 news release.
* Marathon Petroleum Corp. on Dec. 16 appointed Jonathan Cohen to fill the seat of retiring executive and board member Greg Goff. Cohen will serve on the special committee of Marathon's board established to evaluate options for Marathon's master limited partnership subsidiary MPLX LP as well as on the special committee overseeing the search for Marathon CEO Gary Heminger's replacement.
* Weatherford International PLC appointed a new board of directors, according to a Dec. 13 news release. Thomas Bates Jr. will be chairman of the board. John Glick, Neal Goldman, Gordon Hall, Mark McCollum, Jacqueline Mutschler and Charles Sledge were named as members.
* Paul McKinney resigned from his post as the president and CEO of oil and natural gas exploration company SandRidge Energy Inc., according to a Dec. 13 news release. McKinney also resigned from the company's board. John Suter agreed to be interim president and CEO.
* Brian Frederick will resign from his position as the president of asset operations of DCP Midstream GP, which is the general partner of the general partner of DCP Midstream LP. Frederick will stay in his position until Dec. 31.