Media industry moves
* Zynga Inc. appointed two new directors to its board, Carol Mills and Janice Roberts, the company said Feb. 6. Mills serves as chairman of the board of Xactly Corp, and a director of RELX Group. Roberts is currently a partner at Benhamou Global Ventures LLC. She also serves on the boards of RealNetworks Inc. and Zebra Technologies Corp.
* 1-800-FLOWERS.COM Inc.'s board on Feb. 2 elected Katherine Oliver as an independent director. Oliver's term will expire at the company's 2017 annual stockholders meeting and she also will serve on the nominating and corporate governance committee, according to a Feb. 3 SEC filing. Oliver is a principal at international philanthropic consulting firm, Bloomberg Associates.
* Andrew Sheehan was elected as a class I director to QuinStreet Inc.'s board, effective Feb. 1. He will hold office until the company's 2019 annual stockholders meeting, the company said in a Feb. 2 Form 8-K filing. Sheehan has served as a managing director of venture capital firm Sutter Hill Ventures since 2007. Sheehan has also been a managing director of venture capital firm Tippet Venture Partners LP since 2014.
* Beth Kaplan was elected to the board of Meredith Corp., according to a Jan. 30 SEC filing. Kaplan will stand for election as a class III director at the company's annual stockholders meeting in November. If elected, Kaplan will serve for two years, until Nov. 13, 2019. She is set to serve on the audit committee and finance committee. Kaplan currently serves on the board of Rent the Runway, where she previously served as president and COO.
* E.W. Scripps Co.'s director Mary McCabe Peirce is set to retire from her post when her term expires in May. She has served as a director since 2008, and is a great-granddaughter of the company's founder, according to a Jan. 27 news release. Peirce also serves as a director of Scripps Networks Interactive Inc., which in 2008 was spun off from E.W. Scripps.
Communications industry moves
* Shenandoah Telecommunications Co. elected Kenneth Quaglio to its board, the company said Jan. 24. Quaglio is the CEO and president of digital marketing consultancy Siteworx LLC.